3rd Trimester

What positions for sex?

What still works for you to have sex with your belly in the way?  Everything seems so uncomfortable.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image image

Re: What positions for sex?

• What's sex again?
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Cowgirl

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Spooning position worked for us last night
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • imageabartow:

Cowgirl

This.  I've also had some pain with sex and like this position best because I have more control of how things are going

• Um...I'm usually positioned on the couch, feet up, laptop on my lap....and DH is usually positioned in another room somewhere, feet up, watching TV.

Seriously.......it's not happening now. And not for lack of wanting to. It's just painful for me now....and I hate it. Crying

Oh...and that is soooo weird. This whole time I've managed to work my way through the bump without seeing a single other person that picked the same name as us. We're naming our LO Kinley too.

Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepita2405:
    What's sex again?

Yup - this!

• imageteelaman:

Um...I'm usually positioned on the couch, feet up, laptop on my lap....and DH is usually positioned in another room somewhere, feet up, watching TV.

Seriously.......it's not happening now. And not for lack of wanting to. It's just painful for me now....and I hate it. Crying

This is normally how it goes for us, but I'm really trying to make a valid effort.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Doggie style or leaning over the bed while DH is behind you.
  • We do a couple different ways, me on top (can't lean over much though lol), him on top with HIS pillow under my booty, doggy style with a pillow under my belly or spooning.
  • Spooning has been our fall-back lately, but sometimes I like to switch it up with doggie or cowgirl
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageItaliannvegas:
    Doggie style or leaning over the bed while DH is behind you.

Ooooh...my fave!! Wink

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • imageItaliannvegas:
    Doggie style or leaning over the bed while DH is behind you.

This... and I put a small pillow under my belly.

• I forgot to add the key to it all is lots of lube!!!
  • Cowgirl and sideways works for us.
  • Spooning has been the most comfy for us.  When it happens, which is not that often.  :(
  • doggie style, spooning or me up on something (bathroom sink, dinning room table) with DH standing... 
  • imagepita2405:
    What's sex again?

this.  i don't even want to try anymore, LOL.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bunny ears (you lie on the edge of the bed with your legs up and DH stands)
  • imagejifer:
    Bunny ears (you lie on the edge of the bed with your legs up and DH stands)

Yep! This one for sure, though I didn't know it was called that. Also me on top and doggie work fine. Spooning is ok. I find it more akward than uncomfortable. Glad to hear you're still trying! Our sex life is better than it's been since we were much younger. Glad we're getting it in now! I think it's so sad that so many couples aren't able to enjoy sex during pregnancy!!

• Dear sex,

We need to be friends again.

Sincerely, a deprived woman.

• that's the name we picked too, but we are being suprised as to the sex of the baby!  I think we will spell it Kenley, though, but haven't decided that part yet.
  • We often use a sideways position. He lays on his side as if we were spooning but i lay on my back. One of my legs goes between his and the other draped over his hips. It allows for the convenience of spooning while still being able to be penetrated all the way. Seems to work quite well for us.
  • Sex is a foreign thing to me. I have fibroids which makes sex very uncomfortable for me. I am scared to try different positions because I had a lot of bleeding in the first trimester which may have been because of sex. I don't want to risk going through that again.

• this has nothing to do with sex, I just wanted to tell you I LOVE your baby's name...Congratulations in advance.
  • Bunny ears at the edge of the bed, standing up and bending over a stool. leaning ove rthe bed, cowgirl, a pillow or two under me butt on the bed, doggystyle with a pillow under my belly. It is not as often as I would like but I try to style switch it up each time. unforuantly the hubby does not have the drive that I do while I am pregnant. the bigger I get the less he is willing. He always gets so worried about makng me go into preterm labor that he acts all freaked out.
  • OMG I love that you posted this! I am 36 weeks today and my sex drive is still there...but my husband is always afraid that something will happen to the baby or when I need a minute to get my breath that he did something wrong. Oh I miss the days when it was so easy!
  • imagekhirsang:
    We often use a sideways position. He lays on his side as if we were spooning but i lay on my back. One of my legs goes between his and the other draped over his hips. It allows for the convenience of spooning while still being able to be penetrated all the way. Seems to work quite well for us.

This seems to work well for us also.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Bunny ears and cowgirl works best for us. I'm glad my sex drive is still here. I can't believe some couples are not having sex during their pregnancy or that it is painful.
  • imagekhirsang:
    We often use a sideways position. He lays on his side as if we were spooning but i lay on my back. One of my legs goes between his and the other draped over his hips. It allows for the convenience of spooning while still being able to be penetrated all the way. Seems to work quite well for us.

OMG I thought we invented that position!  It seriously is much more comfortable than doggy or on the edge of the bed, it's easier on him too and you can vary your speed and depth.  Other positions just hurt too much or are just too uncomfortable for me at this time.  Oh and if you've got a nice booty, spooning is almost not possible so this works very well for us.

You have to make an effort at intimacy.  Or at least cuddling, touching and kissing so that you stay connected.  Things are going to get a lot more difficult after baby arrives.  No sex for 6 weeks or more depending on how your delivery went.  Try to do things in the same room together at the least instead of being in separate rooms doing your own thing.  There will be plenty of that going on later so don't neglect each other.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We like to use a sideways position where I lie on my side at the edge of the bed while he stands and lifts one leg. It's great because I can relax and not feel like a hippo and also not get tired too quickly. It's also perfect for additional stimulation, if necessary!
  • Sex was uncomfortable and sometimes painful for me before I was pregnant. Now with a huge belly in the way it is even worse, but in a different way. I feel so bad and my husband is so understanding, but I wish I could make it better for the both of us. :-/
  • my husband and I found that the most comfortable position was with me on my side, and him kneeling between my legs with one of my legs either up on his shoulder, or curved back around his waist. as long as he can angle so as not to have his knees hitting your belly, this may be more comfortable than more conventional positions. another good one is with him standing at the edge of the bed, and you laying on your back at the edge, with your ankles up on his shoulders and your knees cocked out to the sides. hope this helps :)
  • imagepita2405:
    What's sex again?

lol :P  I feel the same way!  My hubbie is terrified of not only hurting the baby, but doing damage to some injuries I have from a car accident at the beginning of my pregnancy.  As a compromise we agreed if my 28 week checkup is all good we will give it a go! 

• Try you on top- but turn around so that you face his feet and you're belly goes between his legs so there's no pressure on it.

I'm 34 weeks and its been working for us both. GL Wink

• For all of you spooners, does it get you off? 

We've tried it but he got a lot more out of it than I did. I didn't mind too much because I was happy to be having any kind of sex but for the future, I'd like a position where I can enjoy it too. :) 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • I love the responses! Definately side by side, either my back to his front, or since hubby's not too heavy front to front, my leg under him, just above the hip. Figure our your best leg configuration, depending on both of your anatomies. Since doggy is down right painful for me, we discovered a computer chair can be a girl's best friend. Take the arms off and lower it down, lean the backrest back some. You get the benefits of cowgirl, but with perks, namely you don't have to rock on your knees, but you get to use your calf and thigh muscles instead. This works wonders for giving you stability and for rationing out your weight over a few plains, rather than on your knees or wrists. In addition since you're not limited in motion, penetration level, stroke speed, etc. it is easy to configure them to what feels best for you and him, sexually and physically. I went into detail on this because it's given us both the most satisfying results, and my calf and thigh muscles are showing some extra definition, always a plus Wink

• The best positions are doggy style, spooning on side and cowgirl but of course be careful when it gets closer to your due date and make sure its ok with your obgyn
  • Yeah, it is painful, I hear ya.  This sounds like us too... but we're on the same bed instead. I'm on the comp & he's watching TV.
  • Doggie style or her bent over with him behind, or him sitting and her sitting in his lap (backward or forward) usually works for us when we do it. My DF wants it a lot more often than I do, and one of us is usually sick, busy, or in pain when the other is horny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"