Long Island Babies

Live in Amityville - Need OB/GYN recs

With a heavy heart, I have come to the conclusion that I will probably have to switch ob/gyns.  The doctor I have been with for 12 years is in the city, and I've stayed with him because I've worked in the city all this time, and it was just as convenient to stay with him as it would have been to switch once I moved to Long Island.  And I love him dearly; he knows how to handle me (I don't do great with exams) and has a similar conservative philosophy regarding treatments.  But despite the fact that I will continue to work in the city even after I get pregnant, it is unrealistic, I think, to keep him as my ob/gyn since he works out of Mt. Sinai in the city, and well, that's a bit far away from Amityville.

So I need a new doc - preferably male, one who is not an alarmist and is gentle and responds well to questions.  Thanks for any recs you can give!

Re: Live in Amityville - Need OB/GYN recs

• I love my Ob/gyn!  He has several offices and one is in West Islip.  Look into Nassua/Suffolk OBGYN on Montauk Hwy in West Islip.  Dr. A is amazing!  Very patient, gentle and understanding. Good Luck
    ~*~Kathleen~*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is actually REALLY convenient for me, as my inlaws live in West Islip - the reviews for Dr. A are wonderful, and I will try to get in with him.  Thank you so very much for the rec!
  • Loading the player...
  • theres a really great obgyn is bayshore his name is Dr. Onyebeke...he has a really great reputation check him out his number is 631-206-1384
  • Recently pg with my second and recently moved to the island and absolutely LOVE Long Island Womens Health Care Group, PC in Syossett!
  • Thank you gomo and squished for your recommendations, too!  It looks like I have some work to do with regard to "interviewing" new docs!
  • Not sure if Dr. Wannerman is still in amityville but he was my gyn years ago and I know he is an OB affiliated with Good Sam and has an office in West Islip.
  • I also had a doctor at Mt. Sinai that I loved (wonder if we had the same doctor).  But now that I am on LI, I see Dr. Toles at LIJ.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"