Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Don't know where to start... BF and bottles

For those who are BF'ing where did you start in terms of bottle nipples?  My son was drinking pumped BM from slow flow for the first 4 weeks of his life, but now he EBF's.  If I want to feed him from a bottle a couple feedings here and there, what kinds of nipples should I try first?

TIA 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Don't know where to start... BF and bottles

• I BF during the day and my DH feeds Jack from a bottle at night.  We still use slow flow nipples on our bottles (Dr. Brown's) so Jack doesn't get an "easy" meal.  Meaning, he has to work for it just like he does when BF'ing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • I started of w/ weil baby bottles and a stage 1 nipple. she's still drinking from a stage 1 but I'm about to move to stage 2.  Never had any problems going from breast to bottle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Might not be too helpful, because we waited until 4 weeks to introduce a bottle at all, but we do the Avent bottles on their lowest flow nipples.  DH still needs to give DS breaks every once in a while so he doesn't eat too fast!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNeverKnew:
    Might not be too helpful, because we waited until 4 weeks to introduce a bottle at all, but we do the Avent bottles on their lowest flow nipples.  DH still needs to give DS breaks every once in a while so he doesn't eat too fast!

This.  I WOHM 2 times a week so she gets bottles on those days.

• I just use the Medela bottles that came with my breast pump and my son does fine.  I also use a nipple shield while breast feeding though so I think that helps him transition back and forth better.

• imageOregonPachey:
    I BF during the day and my DH feeds Jack from a bottle at night.  We still use slow flow nipples on our bottles (Dr. Brown's) so Jack doesn't get an "easy" meal.  Meaning, he has to work for it just like he does when BF'ing.

This for me as well

• We've use breastflow bottles from first years with a lot of success.  The "double nipple" slow flow action requires both suction and compression.  My daughter switches easily from bottle to breast and back. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"