Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What do you think about boys in christening gowns?

I REALLY  REALLY want my wedding dreass made into a christening gown.  DH isn't sold on the 'gown' part.  I think it would be OK if it's made to not look too girlie. 

Do you thinking putting a baby boy in a 'gown' is a stretch?  Should I side with DH and do a romper?

Re: What do you think about boys in christening gowns?

• personally, I like rompers for little boys - but I've seen baby boys in gowns that were really really sweet.

As long as it's not shiny or lacey I think you'd be just fine with a gown.

• I think it was fine and if I had a boy he would be in a gown.  Boys not being in gowns seems to me to be a more recent thing.  My cousions who are now teens all wore gowns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are plannin on putting DS in a traditional christening gown.  DH was baptized in it too so he is ok w/it.  I"m a little unsure about the idea but don't really see the point of buying something else just to be more masculine. 

sorry 1ht

• imagesnicksnack:

I think it was fine and if I had a boy he would be in a gown.  Boys not being in gowns seems to me to be a more recent thing.  My cousions who are now teens all wore gowns.

This. My DS would have been in a gown except our church was being renovated and I wanted to wait for it to be done to have him baptised so he was baptised at 6 months old.

• My DS will be wearing the same christening gown that his sister, all cousins (2 boys and 2 girls), dad, uncles, grandma and great aunts and uncle and great grandfather wore.  My DH's great grandma made a gown that their whole family has used. Its beautiful, and my DH is completely fine with it, probably because it's an heirloom, but even if it was brand new I don't think he'd care because it's what you wear in that situation.

A funny story..during my nephew's baptism he was really fussy and crying and my MIL leaned over and said to us it was because he was wearing a dress LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What exactly does he think this is going to do to his son?

I think it's silly to get up in arms over a boy in a christening gown for an hour or so.

• My little boy wore a cute little tuxedo for his blessing at church. I'm not sure if you have certain dress codes, but those tuxedos are super cute on little guys!

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• My DS was just baptised in the gown that my husand and his two sisters wore. It was lacy and girly, but we went with tradition. I will turn my wedding dress into a christening gown for my future children. I would like each of my children to have their own gown so they can keep it for their children and such. Really, no one cared that he was in a gown.
  • I don't think it's a big deal, but my husband thinks that boys should be in something with pants/legs separated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"