Babies: 0 - 3 Months

confession:EBF who never uses a nursing bra

My nursing bras are so matronly with big, giant cups and like 15 hooks on the back.  Since my body still hasn't gone back anywhere close to the way it looked prebaby, I just couldn't stand looking in the mirror as I got dressed every morning with a big, unflattering nursing bra on top of the extra weight and poochy tummy.

so I went back to my regular, more flattering bras and just fold the cup down when I nurse - and I think it's almost easier than wearing a nursing bra - no unsnapping required - no annoying cup flopping around while I try to nurse. I just tuck the cup under my boob when I feed DD and flip it back when I'm done.

I wish someone would have told me this before I bought nursing bras - would have saved me some $$.

Anyone else found nursing bras to be useless?

Re: confession:EBF who never uses a nursing bra

• nursing bras, yes. nursing tanks I love though.
  • I never did buy a nursing tank - but I think I need to invest in a few - especially now that I've gotten brave enough to nurse in public.
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally never bought any nursing bras 'cause all my EBF'ing friends told me they were a waste...  Good to hear they were right.  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I like my nursing bras, and wouldn't consider them useless.  But, I don't always wear them.  I've gotten quite comfy using sports bras.  They're more supportive too.  But I do use my nursing bras when I go out. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • imageMrsRebecca:
    nursing bras, yes. nursing tanks I love though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsRebecca:
    nursing bras, yes. nursing tanks I love though.
  • I have one nursing bra that I like.  The rest of my tanks and bras give me clogged ducts.  I much prefer sports bras.  Not very sexy, but I don't care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • epphdepphd member
    I just bought two nursing bras (Elle McPherson Intimates line) and while I don't like how high they are, I do like that they are supportive without underwire.  After several issues (mastitis, clogged ducts, etc) I can't wear underwire and I'm not sure non-underwire non-nursing bras would keep the girls up where they should be :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I love my glamourmom nursing tanks!  Worth every penny!  I never wear a bra and just wear regular tanks at night.  Yes, I leak everywhere but I just lay a towel down.  They need some freedom!
    www.mvstephenson.wordpress.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love my tanks!
  • Just a word of caution. . . If you nurse for more than a few months, your bras may start to lose some of their structure and you're at higher risk of getting clogged ducts or mastitis because of the way a regular bra may put pressure on your breast while nursing.

And there are some sexy nursing bras.  You just need to shop around and look at more than the traditional maternity stores. 

• I get the nursing bras with a little padding in them to help with leaks. 

I also love nursing tanks, but I still need to wear a bra (thanks to EBFing 3 kids) under them.  I like that no skin shows when I NIP.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"