3rd Trimester
Options

Membrane Stripping today?

Judge me all you want, but I had 0 cervical progress with DS 1 before 39 weeks... and had to be induced at 41 +5 in the end.

My midwives are hoping to take an active role in getting things to start progressing.  YAY!

DS1 was 8lbs 11oz so we're all thinking that even if I went into labor today (which they think is HIGHLY unlikely) DS2 would probably be 7+ (they're thinking 9 if I go to my EDD).

All I say is BRING IT ON!!!  (And DH totally agrees with me!)

Re: Membrane Stripping today?

• Options

My doctor stripped my membranes with my first two.  I am 6'2" & we just have big babies in my family.  At 38 weeks, they were both 9 lbs.  

You do what you have to do.  I hope it works for you.  It worked both times for me (or so it seemed).  I do believe that you have to be somewhat progressed (at least 1 - 1.5 cm dilated) to be stripped.

Good luck! 

• Options

I sure hope membrane stripping works for you!! 

I had mine done a week ago today - lost my MP and started having contractions immediately.  Then it all stalled.  Still one week to go till my EDD.

Good luck to you and I wish you the best.  :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I say YAY for you! I think there is so little they can do to induce for a VBAC hopeful, and stripping membranes is one of them.... my MW already said that normally she doesn't do it, but for me, she is not only going to do it but be "a bit more aggressive" than she would normally be... lol! Ok a little scary, but if that's what gets things going, I am all for it! I never dialated at all with DS, so even a little bit would be progress this time :)

I hope it kick starts labor for you!!!!!

• Options
    I had my dr appointment this morning. I asked if he would do them and he said sure if i was dilated. Lucky for me i was. 1 cm and 80% effaced. I feel some pressure and have some color on the tp. I'm hoping with this rain blowing in I'll go into labor soon... GL to you! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had mine stripped last Thursday and again today. I'm hoping something soon... I can't take it anymore....
  • Options

I had mine done 2 weeks ago and again last week and nothing happened :( I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I was 3 cm and 70 % effaced baby at a -1 station.

I am also sending labor vibes to you. Please send them back to me if you don't mind. I need to get this kid out!!!!

• Options
    I say go for it! I'm asking my doc to do it for me at my appointment next Wednesday. As of yesterday I was 2cm and 50% effaced.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"