3rd Trimester
Options

Notes from my MIL

Sorry I've been MIA - DH is keeping me ridiculously busy at work! 

Wow - she's priceless! She called me last night to see how I was feeling after my fall and gave me these little jems that I thought might make you all laugh your pretty little butts off. I know DH and I had a good hard laugh last night!

1) "Oh it's okay if you fall, you're only 28 weeks! God will figure it out." Uhm...okay? I let her know that depending on how you fall (at any point in pregnancy) that it could cause harm to both Mom and baby - and that at later stages in pregnancy it can bring on contractions, or complications. "oh no, you're fine. You don't need to worry about things like that untl at least 37 weeks".

2) "I don't know why you're worried about Postpartum Depression. That's not even a real thing." Enter Indifferent face here. I let her know  that 80% of women actually get the "baby blues" and 15-20% get PPD - which I'm at higher risk for because of my family history with depression and mental illess. "It's not a real thing Shan, you just need to surround yourself with positive people and be happy that you have a baby. I remember Lulu and I would get together every week and I called her once because I wanted to drown B in the kiddie pool. She came over and we cooked hotdogs instead. That's all you need!" Again...Indifferent

3) "I bet within two weeks of Bug being born, you're back at the bar." Uhm..probably not. I may go for a drink with my gf's or dinner or something, but I won't be boozing it up. "But it's the best! Make sure you express your milk after drinking because....wooo! B would sleep so well after giving him some of that milk! It was great! And I would freeze it and make sure that was the milk available whenever we needed a sitter!" I'm sorry...what?!

Seriously - she's a fruitcake! I wonder if BIL knows he was almost drowned, and drunk, when he was a baby!!

Gosh it makes me nervous for her to babysit!

Re: Notes from my MIL

• Options
    Haha, wow...that is SO awful it made me laugh...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lol....I love that the cure for wanting to drown your kid is cooking hotdogs...who knew it was that simple?!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Indifferent

WOW

Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Wow. Just wow!

Her comments about PPD make me sad though- sad that so many people think like she does, and are unaware that PPD really does exist. It doesn't matter how happy you are to be a mom or how much you love your baby, you may still suffer depression. Sucks that people continue to perpetuate the myth that it's all in the mom's head, isn't real, etc...
  • Options

OMG, I'm crying!!  Too funny!

That one's a keeper :-)

• Options

imageNFL_Wife:
    Wow. Just wow!

Her comments about PPD make me sad though- sad that so many people think like she does, and are unaware that PPD really does exist. It doesn't matter how happy you are to be a mom or how much you love your baby, you may still suffer depression. Sucks that people continue to perpetuate the myth that it's all in the mom's head, isn't real, etc...

ya - I hot pretty hot under the collar when she told me it wasn't a real thing. I todl her that perhaps 29 years ago it wasn't considered real, but it is the #1 pregancy complication that plagues women in our modern times. Once I started throwing stats out...she shut up. Well...until she told me about wanting to drown her baby in the kiddy pool.

• Options
    Hey Shan! How've you been? I'm sorry you're dealing with MIL still.  Ugh.  They sure are opinionated creatures, aren't they?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    imagehvanthoogt:

OMG, I'm crying!!  Too funny!

That one's a keeper :-)

lol bookmark this if you ever need a laugh in the future!

• Options
    imagePrincessn678:

Indifferent

WOW

This. Holy Crap...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Words of deluisonal wisdom
  • Options

imageStrawberryAlarmClock:
    Hey Shan! How've you been? I'm sorry you're dealing with MIL still.  Ugh.  They sure are opinionated creatures, aren't they?

DH and I laughed SO hard when she said the thing about breastmilk! lol

I've been good! a little tumble down the stairs the other night, but I'm allright and Bug is doing well!!

• Options
    Wow, she sounds like a hoot.
  • Options
    Thank God her friend was around to cook hotdogs! Otherwise your BIL might not be alive today! This post made me laugh, but oh.my.goodness. How are you ever going to trust this woman with your child? Yikes!
  • Options

Huh?

lmfao!!! your mil is a riot! and yeah, i'd have a video monitor and not leave the area if she were to babysit!

• Options

imageKBabySmiles:
    lol....I love that the cure for wanting to drown your kid is cooking hotdogs...who knew it was that simple?!?

This. LOL.

I feel your pain, Shan! Any possible post I could make about my MIL is the same way... full of Indifferent and Confused... she's probably more of a fruitcake if you can imagine that.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options

imagekatymichelle:
    Thank God her friend was around to cook hotdogs! Otherwise your BIL might not be alive today! This post made me laugh, but oh.my.goodness. How are you ever going to trust this woman with your child? Yikes!

Well...she likely won't ever be responsible for looking after him by herself...she has a wee bit of an issue with wine in that she likes it a little too much

• Options
    It is nice to know that if I ever have the genuine desire to kill my child that all I have to do is cook a few hot dogs.Indifferent I will be sure to have DH stock up on them.
  • Options
    priceless! 
  • Options
    I don't know whether to laugh with you or cry for you. Tongue Tied
  • Options
    I just laughed soooo hard. Thank you for that, I needed it today!
  • Options
    Wow... she should write a book!!
  • Options
    WOW!  That is hilariously sad.   "I called her once because I wanted to drown B in the kiddie pool. She came over and we cooked hotdogs instead."  Seriously?  Maybe we should tell all the ladies with PPD that they just need hot dogs.  Indifferent 
  • Options
    Wow...it sounds like something Kitty, the mom from "That 70s Show," would say.  LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"