Nurseries and Baby Gear

Differences between Bugaboo Frog vs. Cameleon

Can anyone tell me the different between these strollers, besides the price?  I've been on the website, googled, etc. and I can't tell how they differ, if at all.  I remember reading something about needing to reuse the fabric on one of the strollers, but I didn't get the details.  Also, if I bought a cameleon, how hard is it to change the colors?  Just wondering, thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Differences between Bugaboo Frog vs. Cameleon

• I dont have one but from what I have seen int eh discussions o this board people love the frog over the cameleon I think there are diffrent wheels on the cameleon that people arent crazy about!
  • I have a Cameleon and it is the BEST stroller! I am in love with it. I think the biggest difference is the fabric choices and the handle bar adjusts more on the Cameleon (although I am not 100% sure) The basket underneath is  a little bigger on the Cameleon as well.

You have to switch the fabric to make the seat or the basinett- they both use the same frame- its really easy- I think you have to do that on both of them.

I don't know if you have discovered Dagerman's on Sahara and Rainbow, but they have all the high end strollers that you can test drive.

The Uppa baby Vista is also a very nice stroller!

Hope all is well with you- we will have to get our little ones together when you have the baby!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Frog.  The difference that I can tell is the wheels (Frog are regular tires where the Chameleon are foam), the fabric choices and the adjustable handlebar (the Frog handlebars do not adjust).  

We love our stroller and the difference in price between the two, in my opinion, doesn't seem worth it.  However, if my DH was taller (he's 5'11") we'd probably want the adjustable handlebars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  Shay, I'll have to check out the strollers at Daggermans and we'll definitely have to meet up after the birth!  DH said he likes the Bugaboo best so I figure I'll give in, especially if he's willing to buy it for me.  :) 
  • The cameleon has an adjustable handle, foam filled rear tires, a slightly larger (not by much) basket and you can change the color of the canopy/seat fabric.

I have the Frog and Love it so much. 

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Here is the comparison from the Bugaboo website, this is what I used when making my decision:

https://www.bugaboo.com/compare

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Every time you want to purchase a different color of fabric, the cost is $99 for the cameleon for a new color.
  • The suspension is better/different on the chameleon too, according to the people at buybuybaby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"