Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Eye color?

Anyone know when LO's eye color starts to change from the slate gray they're born with? 

Also, does anyone know of a child having brown/hazel eyes while both their parents have blue eyes?

Re: Eye color?

• If both parents have blue eyes LO will have blue eyes.

My LOs eyes have changed from the slate to bright blue. I have heard though they can change up to 1 year!

BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • i'm probably not really answering your question but my nephew's eyes were sea blue for 2 going on 3 years. around 3 years old they changed to green/hazel. his parents have dark brown hair & eyes. so sometimes they can change way later than 1 year.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSaranJonathan:

If both parents have blue eyes LO will have blue eyes.

My LOs eyes have changed from the slate to bright blue. I have heard though they can change up to 1 year!

Is this a constant fact?  I only ask because my fiance's parents both have blue eyes but he has brown eyes.  I know that both my parent's have blue eyes and so do I.

As far as my LO's eye color is concerned, they have changed from slate gray to dark blue (like mine) but then future MIL said they have a year to change to brown, as if having my eye color were a horrible thing!  That's when I started wondering about how my fiance ended up with brown eyes anyway...

• They are usually set by about 6 months, but they can change as late as a year.  (DD#1's did.)  I'm pretty sure that a baby of two blue eyed parents won't have anything but blue or green, but I'm not 100% sure.  It's more complicated than the usual gene stuff b/c it's influenced by two or three genes...I think.  I vaguely remember reading about this ages and ages ago.
  • imageCiarrai:
    They are usually set by about 6 months, but they can change as late as a year.  (DD#1's did.)  I'm pretty sure that a baby of two blue eyed parents won't have anything but blue or green, but I'm not 100% sure.  It's more complicated than the usual gene stuff b/c it's influenced by two or three genes...I think.  I vaguely remember reading about this ages and ages ago.

ADORABLE picture of your LOs, BTW.

So maybe green eyes but definitely not brown eyes?  I remember in middle school we did something with genes and two blue eyed parents made a blue eyed baby every single time. I also remember my deadbeat father told my mother (I remember her telling me about this anyway) that I better have blue eyes (he thought she cheated on his cheating as*) when I was born...

• imageSaranJonathan:

If both parents have blue eyes LO will have blue eyes.

I always thought this was the case, too - but apparently not.

When both parents have blue eyes, they can still have a child with brown or green eyes. Here is a discussion explaining how.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you want to know the probability of different eye colors, use this calculator.

https://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • imagelindsayll:

If you want to know the probability of different eye colors, use this calculator.

https://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

"eye color error: your mates parents having blue eyes does not allow your mate to have brown eyes..."

• I always thought parents with blue eyes would only have a LO with blue eyes...but DH's family definitely prove that wrong. Both his parents have brown eyes- they have 3 children- 1 blue eyes, 1 green, 1 brown. My BIL's 3 kids were also born with different colored eyes. A lot factors into it.    
  • .https://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

This will help you calculate the odds.  

My LO's eyes have already started to lighten up.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegrapeape73:

.https://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

This will help you calculate the odds.  

My LO's eyes have already started to lighten up.   

Yeah, I tried that but it says my fiance cannot have brown eyes if both of his parents have blue eyes and thus, I can't even use it to see what color eyes LO might end up getting.  :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"