1st Trimester

How did you make the facebook annoucement?

Re: How did you make the facebook annoucement?

• I haven't yet, but I'm planning on changing my profile picture to an ultrasound picture and making some sort of comment about it.
  • I think we'll just post the most recent u/s pic, and just say something like "Apollo Puppy is going to have to learn that he's no longer Number 1"! 

Something like that...or is that lame?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MSC03MSC03 member

I read this quote once in a loss book that said something like, "A bouquet of roses we have. One will forever remain a bud, but one will bloom and fill our home with a child's love."

Me likey. I'll probably just quote it and post an ultrasound photo.

imageimage
  • I was going to wait a couple more weeks once we've told all our close friends and say something like, "bissfully happy even with this never ending morning sickness!"
  • Well, I'm not going to make that announcement for about 3 or 4 more weeks, so I haven't really thought much about it.  I don't want to be it to be corny or cheesy.

Maybe something like "Veronica Corningstone is going to be a mom X2 come October 12th".  Heck, I don't know. 

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • I made a new photo album titled "Big News" with a pic of my positive test.

and on my status update thing I wrote something about having a new addition to the family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH didn't want to announce it on FB so I will respect that but I was going to write

"Snowflake and DH will be welcoming Baby N in September 2010"

Instead I am going to announce the sex on FB in a couple of months

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • I'm not.  The people who need to know will find out in a more personal manner, and the random people who are not actually my friends beyond facebook will have to figure it out when I start posting pictures of a kid.
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    imageveronicacorningstone:

Well, I'm not going to make that announcement for about 3 or 4 more weeks, so I haven't really thought much about it.  I don't want to be it to be corny or cheesy.

Maybe something like "Veronica Corningstone is going to be a mom X2 come October 12th".  Heck, I don't know. 

How about, "Double double, this mom's in trouble. Come October 12th, this cauldron's gonna bubble."

Totally cheeseball, but for some reason that popped in my head and made me laugh.

imageimage
  • I haven't really thought too much about it. I have a few friends who made their pregnancy announcements as soon as they found out (like, profile pictures of their positive HPTs), and then proceeded to update with belly pictures right away...honestly, I found it tacky, so I'm trying to figure out how to do it a) delicately and b) with some class.

I honestly might just wait until someone else comments on my page...is that too passive?

• imagerosenjoe:
    I'm not.  The people who need to know will find out in a more personal manner, and the random people who are not actually my friends beyond facebook will have to figure it out when I start posting pictures of a kid.
    I was thinking of doing something like this, but DH is dying to post about it.
  • I didn't need to, my mother told the preacher.  He decided to tell the whole church during announcements, as most of my family goes to the same church they now all know, and most of them have loud mouths.  I went to visit my mother last weekend and was congratulated by people I don't even know.
  • Won't be.

When we tell people (and that's not for a while) facebook doesn't factor into the plan.  I've got all nature of friends and business associates as FB friends, most of whom don't need to see a  'SQUEE! I'm KU" announcement.

But that's just me. To each their own.

• imagezukolivie:

imagerosenjoe:
    I'm not.  The people who need to know will find out in a more personal manner, and the random people who are not actually my friends beyond facebook will have to figure it out when I start posting pictures of a kid.

This.  I'm not a fan of the whole Facebook announcement.  I wouldn't announce it to everyone at work during a meeting and I see these people every day, why the would I announce it on facebook?

I didn't see rosenjoe's post until I'd responded...but all of this for sure! I'm glad I'm not alone.

• I announced it with this:

"thinks it's going to be one LONG summer...seeing as how Baby XXX is going to make it a really hot one! That's right, Baby XXX coming September 2010!"

• imageCathyMD:

Won't be.

When we tell people (and that's not for a while) facebook doesn't factor into the plan.  I've got all nature of friends and business associates as FB friends, most of whom don't need to see a  'SQUEE! I'm KU" announcement.

But that's just me. To each their own.

This!  Definitely not a fan of the FB announcement.  

• I didn't announce it.  I just didn't feel like FB was the place to do it or the way for my close friends to find out.

After everyone that mattered knew, I changed my profile pic to a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce.  I'm letting everyone else figure it out for themselves.

• imagerosenjoe:

This exactly.

• imageMrsSummitCounty:
    imageveronicacorningstone:

Well, I'm not going to make that announcement for about 3 or 4 more weeks, so I haven't really thought much about it.  I don't want to be it to be corny or cheesy.

How about, "Double double, this mom's in trouble. Come October 12th, this cauldron's gonna bubble."

Totally cheeseball, but for some reason that popped in my head and made me laugh.

Hahaha.  Er, no, I'm totally not going to use that.

(Bookmarks this thread for when it's time to make FB announcement )

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
  • I posted a picture of the ultrasound and used this quote "For this child I have prayed- 9/16/2010". I don't have any casual "friends" on facebook- just close ones that it would cost a fortune to actually call because  they're long-distance. I did make sure to call all of my family first before I did the facebook announcement.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're not going to make a FB announcement.  We'll telling our families and friends once I'm in the 2nd tri and hopefully keep it off FB until I decide to tell work.
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Last time I said, "DH and I are pleased to announce that are baby butter bean will be joining us on June 16, 2010."  Then my baby died.

I don't think we will do a FB announcement this time. If we do it will not be until after the big u/s.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Once we tell our families, it will be on FB within hours, even if we BEGGED them to keep it a secret.  So, we are telling the families this weekend and then I will probably make a FB post Monday.  I'm not going to do a status update or anything, just a hint because I am fairly close with a lot of people on FB and I don't want to make 25-50 phone calls or send out a mass email.

So, I took this today and I'm going to post it.

We've been really open with our TTCAL journey and as much as I appreciated the prayers and good thoughts from so many, I want the same through pregnancy :)

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • i don't plan on making one at all.

my friends and family will know (a few do now, the rest after the 1st trimester) and everyone else will either figure it out if my closer friends start posting stuff, or when i post baby pictures.  

i do admit the picture of a jar of prego cracks me up.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • probably something along the lines of:  "you know that thing you guys guess everytime I have a slightly ambiguous status?  well if you guessed that now, you'd be right."

then I would sit back and see what kind of smartass remarks my friends would come up with.

it's not going on facebook until I'm at least 12 weeks though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i haven't made one yet and i don't plan on doing it until i find out the sex or until some1 asks me.. i'm def not in a rush to make it public on facebook
    Lilypie Maternity tickers 7/11-7-12 year of defeat and over coming obstacles 8/12-HSG 9/24/12- long awaited +hpt Staying a mystery until D day!!
  • I've already told my close friends and shared u/s pic, but I may post on FB for some of my other friends. I want to wait a little longer though, until I am out of the first tri. Few more weeks!
  • I'm going to make a post similar to this:  Well folks, we finally killed the rabbit. 

The people that get it - GREAT - for those that don't, we won't be explaining. 

• We haven't announced yet but we will in the next couple weeks.  We now live about 3,000 miles away from most of our friends so the long distance calls will kill us so we will tell most people via Facebook.  We will tell all family and a few close friends via phone.  Not sure how yet :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been fortunate enough to tell close friends and family in person or another personal way over the last few weeks.  I am trying to hold off telling my staff until after my 12 week appt. and then we'll let the flood gates open on FB since all our really close friends will already have been told.  I plan on putting our u/s picture as my profile pic and using the phrase: "Isselhardt Version 2.0 drops October 2nd, 2010." We're that corny but hubby and I always get a giggle out of it.
  • All close friends and family will know before the FB announcement.  

I can't wait to post on FB!  it's still gonna be a few weeks, but i love keeping up w/other parents and parents-to-be.  I wouldn't add anyone on FB that i didn't want to know about my growing family.   

not sure how i'm posting though.  probably something pretty basic and direct.  :) 

• imagerosenjoe:

This for me too Yes 

• I won't be posting it on FB, ever. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll be telling close friends, family and also my boss and coworkers before posting anything on Facebook. I'm most likely just going to post a picture from our 12 week ultrasound and let people comment or speculate or whatever. I want to wait until first tri is over before I post anything.

• We went in for an u/s to date the pregnancy the day before Thanksgiving @ 9w6d.  On Thanksgiving day, I simply posted the u/s pics.  It came up on my feed, and people responded.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just posted "Oh BOY" the day I found out gender (around 19 weeks).  If it was a girl I would have posted "Tickled PINK".  Obviously my good friends already knew I was pregnant (I preferred to call or tell all of my closest friends instead of over the internet).  Once they saw OH BOY they commented and got it, and then the rest of my FB friend list was clued in.
  • I said: please join me in congratulating Mike on his impending fatherhood! He's going to be a dad September 29!
  • We did a video similar to the credit card commercials.

Started with a picture of my two boys with caption "New clothes for both boys $50"

Next frame was another picture of the boys "Photo session with a professional photographer $125"

Then was a picture of our family "11x14 of our family $100"

Then the same family picture again with the caption "Knowing there are actually 5 people in the picture"

Lastly we put up the ultrasound with the word "Priceless"

Everyone loved it!

• I put an u/s pic and wrote "Coming soon to crib near me..."   Cheesey, I know!  lol
    Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was just starting my second trimester when I announced my pregnancy.  I decided to announce it on Valentine's Day and said something along the lines of "To celebrate Valentine's Day, my Valentine and I would like to share we're going to have a baby!" and then changed my profile picture to a scanned copy of our first sonogram picture!  Hope this helps! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"