Baby Names

girls names that end with -yn

2»

Re: girls names that end with -yn

• We are naming dd Kaylin but you could always spell it Kaylyn or Kaelyn or Cailyn, Caylyn, Caelyn..... I am sure there are tons of spellings.

Good luck, I hope you find the perfect name.

• i like mixing names up, i like catelyn and jocelyn and jaylin,kristyn, (man i could go on for ever)

i have to cousins who are male aaryn tristyn

• Loading the player...
  • Let me just say that I am a "Kristyn" and I hate it - has caused me nothing but greif my entire life. My sister is "Kaitlyn" and she doesn't have issues. It's the mis-spelling on purpose that usually causes the child issues, not the selection of a common spelling that happens to end in "yn".
  • I love the name Brooklyn. We have friends that have children: Brooklyn, Lauren, and Cameron (boy).

I like Evelyn, Jocelyn, Carolyn, and Lynn.

Good Luck!

• image3littleladies:

Ashlyn.

Kaitlyn.

Madelyn. 

And I'm not usually a fan of the random /y/ but I taught a girl named Lauryn. It didn't seem too off the wall of a spelling and since she was so darn cute, the alternative spelling kind of grew on me. 

I named one of my girls Lauryn.  I was going to spell it the original way but then changed it a month before she was born.  My name is spelled differently so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal.  I love it and so will she.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    Not a fan of theming my children's names (first letters, ending, Y's) and not a fan of changing letters in a name. Sorry.
    imageimage
  • i think the -yn Is SUPER cute! and I agree that things dont have to be spelled the same everytime! My daughter is Kaydence.... and the common spelling is Caidence....which i personally dont like at all but obviously love the name..

Ashlyn, Brandalyn ( i know a woman with this name), Jocelyn, and I think Marilyn is super cute and would be cute with Brooklyn!

• I really like Jocelyn and Gwendolyn.  Other suggestions:

Bronwyn

Gwyn

Roslyn

Brittyn

Jordyn

Robyn

Shaelyn

• imagemrscrowell5308:
    imagettmccoot:
    imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

uum, it doesnt and im not sure why you posted that.  I asked for suggestions and if you dont like it, dont respond.  no need to post a link to a thread that I obviously wouldnt care about.  I like the idea of changing vowels and i dont really care if anyone else doesnt.  i asked for a suggestion of names, but thanks.

Everyone is answering your question.

You asked: "what other girl names are pretty and end in -yn?"

People are responding: None, names should not end in -yn. There are not many that are traditionally that way. If someone doesn't like the names, they aren't going to make them up just to suggest a name.

I'm sorry, but I agree. I can't suggest any names because, I don't think there are any names that are pretty that end in -yn. That is my opinion.

technically, mj. reilly is right. everyone is answering you. but for real, this may help: https://www.babynames.com/Names/name-index.php. (if it didn't work, you can enter a name ending and it will give you suggestions. good luck!)

thanks for the link.  but honestly, technically mj isnt right.  she didnt give name suggestion and thats what i asked for. its was her opinion of not liking names that end in -yn and that she didnt have any. if you dont have any- then you dont have a suggestion.  and FWIW, reilly  is spelled really.

did we deal with the fact that i wasn't saying really? i was saying m.j.reilly? and did you even look at the link? i was kind of the only person trying to help.

but you just wanted to argue and be disagreeable, apparently.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageagibson175:

i think the -yn Is SUPER cute! and I agree that things dont have to be spelled the same everytime! My daughter is Kaydence.... and the common spelling is Caidence....which i personally dont like at all but obviously love the name..

Actually, it is Cadence. Caidence is as ridiculous as Kaydence. As a musician (cadence is a musical term) your butchering of a real actual word makes my head hurt. And I would take my last name off my ticker if I were you. People on these boards are crazy.

• imagePattypoundcake:
    imageagibson175:

i think the -yn Is SUPER cute! and I agree that things dont have to be spelled the same everytime! My daughter is Kaydence.... and the common spelling is Caidence....which i personally dont like at all but obviously love the name..

Actually, it is Cadence. Caidence is as ridiculous as Kaydence. As a musician (cadence is a musical term) your butchering of a real actual word makes my head hurt. And I would take my last name off my ticker if I were you. People on these boards are crazy.

well then i guess its a good thing i wasnt F-ING talkin to you!

• imageagibson175:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageagibson175:

LOL. I love when people post on a public message board and get all butthurt when people don't love their kre8tivly spelled baby names.

• I wouldn't do another place name like Londyn but Ardyn is very pretty.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Madelyn sounds cute with Brooklyn
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePattypoundcake:
    imageagibson175:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageagibson175:

LOL. I love when people post on a public message board and get all butthurt when people don't love their kre8tivly spelled baby names.

Awesome Patty! I luv this!

• imageI'mAcrossThePond:
    I'm Carolyn...I love how you are all generalizing that -yn endings are all made up. Y does get overused in trashy ways, but there are some classic names that have Y's in them as a vowel. I'm amazed at how many idiots pronounce my name Caroline.

Funny, my sister is Caroline and she'd be filthy rich if she had a dollar for every time someone pronounced her name "Carolyn".

I'm fairly certain that 95% of the population doesn't understand that they are two different names.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Two things:

1. I think people would be able to better discern the difference between "Carolyn" and "Caroline" if people that named their child "Caroline" didn't actually pronounce it "Carolyn". I have know 3 "Caroline"'s pronounced "Carolyn". But, you are right in that "Carolyn" should clearly be "Carolyn". It makes sense.

2. TOut of curiousity, to the poster, what if you have a boy? Why do you want so many girl name suggestions at 4 weeks ? Are you going to follow the same style with a boy?

• imageKoala77:
    Carolyn, Marilyn, Jocelyn, Gwendolyn, Tamryn, Emmalyn - that's all I can think of.

Great suggestion! I think Brooklyn and Jocelyn sound perfect together.

• My name is Kathryn and I LOVE the spelling.  I've always loved how my parents spelled my name, and Kathryn lends itself to so many nicknames.
  • imagemrscrowell5308:

I like Londyn and Ardyn......

The problem is London and Arden don't actually end in "yn" - if you really want a decent name that ends in yn, find one that legitimately ends in yn, not one that you intentially spell incorrectly to force it to.

On a side note, your DD is gorgeous.

• imageJKat876:
    My name is Kathryn and I LOVE the spelling.  I've always loved how my parents spelled my name, and Kathryn lends itself to so many nicknames.

I always thought Cathrine/Kathrine was the proper spelling.  Nothing against you or anything, I think Kathryn/Cathryn looks fine.

I'm going going with what PP are saying- use a name that is already spelled -yn, don't change a perfectly good name from it's proper spelling to look cutsey.  London is NOT cute when it's spelled Londyn, it just looks trashy and like mom is a bit uneducated.

• I really like the suggestions Jocelyn and Kathryn. Good luck!
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Please don't change the spelling of London or Arden -- use names that already end in -yn.  Londyn and Ardyn just look silly.
  • I have a friend who named her dd Camdyn
  • imageBlueCuracao:

imageJKat876:
    My name is Kathryn and I LOVE the spelling.  I've always loved how my parents spelled my name, and Kathryn lends itself to so many nicknames.

I always thought Cathrine/Kathrine was the proper spelling.  Nothing against you or anything, I think Kathryn/Cathryn looks fine.

There are three proper spellings of the name that go back hundreds of years: Catherine, Katherine, and Kathryn.  You can find accounts of Kathryns among the earliest English settlers settlers in Virginia and Massachusetts Bay.     

Kathryn is not an improper spelling, but with the current trend of adding "y"s where they don't belong, I can see how someone would assume that Kathryn was simply part of that trend. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"