3rd Trimester

36 weeks and no stretch marks??

When did you get stretch marks? I'm 36 weeks and none so far, but I hear they tend to creep up in the last week or two!

Re: 36 weeks and no stretch marks??

• 40 wks and 1 day and NO stretch Marks Big Smile
  • I only had one stretch mark prior to 36 weeks.  I have had a bunch pop up just in the last week and a half.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was lucky with DD#1 and never got them, I'm 32 weeks now and don't have them so far. You might get away lucky! Does your Mom have them? Usually they are heriditary (can't spell apparently).
  • I have a couple red dots on my sides (I think they are just from me being fat now though! haha!) None on my belly. My friend went through her whole pregnancy with NONE and then at 38 weeks, she got 5 really long purple ones on her belly. She was mortified. She had thought she was out of the woods and had been one of the lucky ones. She was pissed when they showed up. :-( It makes me worry too b/c I don't have any on my belly, I hope I can avoid them!
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • I was feeling pretty proud that I had made it to 38 weeks without any. I thought I was in the clear. Then within the last week or so they started popping up. Those little buggers come out or no where! So I got mine at 38 weeks. THey're very faint and small... but theyre still stretch marks and so I had a bit of a pity party.
  • I had none until 37 weeks... then got a couple.  Maybe you'll get lucky.

• Some women never get them. My mom had 5 pregnancies and never had more than a few on her hips. I am hoping that as they are genetic that I can continue to be lucky and not get any.
  • check under your boobs.... thats where all mine were hiding! :(

other then that... i dont have any on my belly!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Unfortunately, I got most of mine AFTER my son was born. ::sigh::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only had a couple before I delivered DS1 at 40weeks 4days.  Afterwards, there were a lot more.  I could see my entire belly before he arrived, so my guess is that some cropped up while I was pushing.  It's quite common. 
    ~Married my best friend J March 2004~ ~Mom to 2 busy boys~C-01.18.08 & L-03.23.10~ ~Due with a little girl 02.06.13~
  • I had NONE my entire pregnancy.  Then my milk came in and made it look like a cat clawed my cleavage.  lovely.  At least they're fading a bit...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I'm still in the clear as of now (thank goodness!!)  My sister told me that she didn't have any until her last week or two, then her belly just couldn't take it anymore and exploded with them! 

Doesn't leave me feeling too warm on the inside thinking of the future...

• imageBBachmann:
    I only had one stretch mark prior to 36 weeks.  I have had a bunch pop up just in the last week and a half.

this is what happened to me... but only on my lower right side... 

• Quick! Knock on wood!!  You dont' want to jinx it!  You'll wake up with them tomorrow!  haha.   Thats great if you haven't gotten them yet, I haven't either but am only 31 weeks.  I hear you can even get them after the baby is born so I'm trying to not allow myself to get excited until after its all done.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Came out stretch mark free with #1.  So far no stretchies yet...

If I go by family history, my mom never got any with her first but I ( her second) blessed her entire belly with them.  

Hoping history won't repeat itself.

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm at 38w and 5 days and still don't have any.  Course I'm not out of the woods yet.
  • Jumping Down: I had just a few really faint ones at 35 weeks and then they explosed after that. Stupid stretchies!!!
  • Almost 40 weeks and I have a little hint of a stretch mark on my side. Not too bad, yet!
  • ldooldoo member

Check under your belly. Oh wait, you can't see that low. Hehe.

Yeah, I thought I was stretch mark free with my first child, but after I had her I saw them real low, as well as some in my pubic hair. They were by no means bad, though.

Oh, and your boobs will likely end up with stretch marks when that milk comes in. Sorry ladies. :)

• With my first DS I didn't get them until after he was born.  They mostly had disappeared by the time I got pregnant again but now those are pretty apparent.  I don't see any new ones other then the ones I had after DS1 being a little more stretched out. 
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • none yet, and the Dr said it doesn't look like I'll get any because my skin still has elasticity
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Got mine at 36 weeks. Cried, a lot. Genetics my ass!
  • 37 weeks and so far none...my mother and my sisters don't have any so I am hoping some don't pop up at the end. I seriously can't see my belly being able to take much more though.
  • Knock on wood......33 1/2 weeks and no stretch marks.
  • With DD I got them around 35 weeks. So far with #2 my old ones are still faded and no new ones. ::knocks on wood::
    Married 09*02*06
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't have any and this is #2
  • Mine literally came overnight at 37 weeks and 3 days :(
  • At the end of week 37.

• Just got some this week. Lucky me. :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I didn't get any with DS and have none again this time.  Fingers crossed.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• None with 1st pg. Fingers crossed for this one.
  • I think you can do a lot to prevent stretch marks! They run in my family and everyone has gotten them but me- I was determined to do what I could to prevent them. I tried Bio Oil and didn't like the smell or the ingredients! Many ingredients are harmful during pregnancy! I went online and found TUMMY BUTTER (by SPOILED MAMA) and loved the fact they were TOXIN FREE & had ORGANIC INGREDIENTS! They were not cheap- but I figured that it was worth every penny for my unborn child to use products that are safe during pregnancy. They even gave me a 10% coupon code because I called and asked. Laughing I think they have a coupon code on the bump website too
    Not only the ingred. are safe but throughout my pregnancy I didn't get one stretch mark! And I even used it on my c-section scar! Just be careful no matter what you purchase and read the ingredients and make sure that it is safe to use during pregnancy! Bio Oil contains Vit. A and is considered unsafe during pregnancy due to the effects on the growing baby, so be careful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"