2nd Trimester

Dr. Vent

I love, love, love my Dr. but sometimes I get so pissed at him!  Out of all of the appts I've had scheduled with him, probably 3 or 4 have NOT gotten rescheduled.  Don't get me wrong, I will definitely want him there for the birth of my baby, but today DH and I waited for an hour and a half and they started turning the lights off in the office!  That's when they started calling the last of us up to the desk to reschedule, he got called out for a delivery.  UGH!  I had to reschedule for Thursday morning so now DH won't be able to go with me and I'm a little sad about it since it's our big u/s.  We already know the sex so that's not a big deal but I wanted him to be able to see Carter on the u/s and enjoy it with me.  Okay, okay, vent over.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr. Vent

• just think if that was you who was in labor...  if you really want him at the birth then others may have to reschedule because of you
  • Let me get this straight. They made you reschedule after they had you wait for your appointment for an hour and a half?

*ETA: I just read that he was called out for a delivery. That sucks, but what are you gonna do?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKellyG6279:
    just think if that was you who was in labor...  if you really want him at the birth then others may have to reschedule because of you

I know, I know...I just can't win!  No matter if I have an early morning, middle of the day or end of the day appt, I always have to reschedule!  All of my friends who go to him laugh at me because they've never had to reschedule.  Apparently I just have bad luck and want to whine about it tonight Stick out tongue

• imageViolet_McPurpleson:

Let me get this straight. They made you reschedule after they had you wait for your appointment for an hour and a half?

*ETA: I just read that he was called out for a delivery. That sucks, but what are you gonna do?

I guess I'm just annoyed because had we not had to wait an hour and a half and they had taken us back at my original appt time, we would've been seen before he was called out on the delivery.  I'm such a whiney baby tonight.  Sorry you have to hear about this ladies!

• That's BS. I think that if a doc is taking office appointment then he shouldn't be on call for birthing. I had a doc that pulled the exact same crap yours did and I switched immediately!
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagePrincessJesci:
    That's BS. I think that if a doc is taking office appointment then he shouldn't be on call for birthing. I had a doc that pulled the exact same crap yours did and I switched immediately!

Yeah what are his patients thinking going into labor, how dare them. 

OP I am surprised there is only one doc there to see patients. 

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • This is why I chose a place with multiple docs that I trust.. if mine is out, then another one will fit me in. Sucks though to wait THAT freaking long
  • imagesabrinafair:
    This is why I chose a place with multiple docs that I trust.. if mine is out, then another one will fit me in. Sucks though to wait THAT freaking long

Thats what I did- they actually make me meet with every one of them before only seeing the main practitioner. They have 2 midwives and 3 or 4 OB's.. I'm on my last visit! Phew! Its better that way- I'll know who's coming god forbid my main OB can't make it.

BUT! I feel you OP- my old OB in New York had the WORST waiting room, patients would wait up to 2 hours. Totally sucks. 

Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • The other Dr.'s will only see his patients if it's an emergency.  I guess it makes me feel better knowing that my Dr. will be the only Dr. who will deliver my baby but it is pretty annoying constantly having to reschedule.  There's just no getting around it.  I know I have to just suck it up and deal with it.  Just wanted to complain a little about it.
  • This must be a one-man practice right?

I used to have an GYN like that.  I wasn't with him long but he delivered my GC for my BFF.  She eventually switched to another OB/GYN.  It can be very annoying but depending on the number of patients he has it will be unavoidable.

• imagePrincessJesci:
    That's BS. I think that if a doc is taking office appointment then he shouldn't be on call for birthing. I had a doc that pulled the exact same crap yours did and I switched immediately!

Who's going to birth the babies?!?  It's obviously a one guy practice.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • It's a trade-off. In one case, you have an OB who will be the one to deliver your baby, but you're going to have to deal with a lot of rescheduling because every time someone goes into labor or someone needs to come in for an emergency or urgency people will get moved/bumped.  On the flip side, you have a practice where you get to see your OB at every visit, but the odds are you'll have someone new for the delivery.  It's a bummer having to reschedule, I'm sorry :(.

• It's not a one Dr. practice, there are 5 Dr.'s total.  The other Dr.'s will only see each others patients if it's an emergency.  He is the only one who will deliver his patients babies, obvioulsy unless he was on vacation or something.  I like that I see him everytime and I can count on him to be there to deliver my baby but sometimes it's so annoying to have to reschedule.  DH works Mon-Fri so he can only make it to the last appt time of the day and it really doesn't matter what time I pick for appts, I'm always getting rescheduled!  My friends who see the same Dr. are always making fun of me because I'm the only one of them who ever has to reschedule!  Must just be my luck!
  • I agree that its annoying, but at least you get to have him deliver your baby. Most of the OBs around me (mine included) have one person on call each day, so it could be any of them delivering you even if you have never met them. And I still generally wait 30-40 minutes for my appts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"