2nd Trimester

Are headaches a normal part of 2nd tri?

I've had one off and on for the past 3 days.  I think Tylenol is a sugar pill.  It doesn't do anything for me.  I guess I might be dehydrated but I think I drink a lot of water or liquids everyday.  Maybe I'm going to the bathroom more than I am drinking.  I don't know but I'm over these headaches.  I thought this was the honeymoon stage of pregnancy.

Re: Are headaches a normal part of 2nd tri?

• Have a cup of coffee or soda.  Often times, a little caffeine goes a long way with a headache. 

I get them all the time.  I don't even need to finish the cup to start feeling better.

ETA: I do suffer from migraines normally.  I've only had one during pregnancy so far.  I tried Tylenol - it didn't help much.  Caffeine seems to be the best solution for me.  And that's what many migraine meds are.  

• I had them for awhile at the beginning of the 2nd trimester, though I've gotten one the past 2 days they have sort of alleviated. BUT I agree with you...tylenol does nothing for me either :0( I want my ib profeun back :0( lol. Headaches in general are common in pregnancy with changing hormones and such. It could be dehydration....just keep drinking. And I know some women develop migraines throughout pregnancy...sooooo...hope you feel better!

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I was wondering the same thing I hardly ever got the pre-pg, or even that much in first tri.  I have had one the past 2 days.  I took a tylenol and i swear 3 hours later my head was STILL pounding. Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think headaches are a symptom of pregnancy period. I've gotten them in 1st and 2nd tri off and on.
  • Mine started right as the nausea was leaving; I've read elsewhere on here they're really common until 20wks. Sometimes caffeine helps, sometimes it doesn't.
  • I get them every once in a while now but when I was around 13 or 14 weeks, I had a HUGE headache that lasted for about 3 days and just would not go away! Plus, to make things worse, it was form the 23rd-26th of December! So during Christmas time! But after it went away, I just get them once in a while so hopefully after this passes, it wont be too often.
  • I agree with PP, try a little caffeine. After Tylenol wears off, my headaches come back. But with a little coffee in the morning I am headache free all day.

• Thanks,

I had a Mt. Dew this morning but that didn't seem to work.  I'm drinking water now.  I go for a massage tonight so hopefully that will get rid of it.

• I have this problem too. I never had them in the first tri, but am finding I am getting them frequently the last week. Tylenol also does nothing for me, may as well be candy. I have alsobeen cutting out caffiene though because I've been getting heart palpitations, but I'm not sure which is worse! I'm just about to have half a cup of coffee right nwo to see if it helps. GL :)
  • Unfortunately yes.  I've had mine since about 6 weeks.  Its been frustrating.  I've gotten prescription pills from my doctor that are safe, went to a neurologist and even went to a physical therapist to figure things out.  It does look like I have some back issues that could be causing them.  I never got them pre-pg so I do think the extra hormones has something to do with it.  Luckily at 26 weeks they have gone from being 3-4 times a week to maybe 1-2.

Things my doctor told me - as soon as you get one - chug water.  A lot of times its dehydration.  Also try a bit of caffeine.  And I've heard protein in the morning helps as well. 

A good massage can always help too.  I know I got one a few weeks ago and while it didn't clear up the headaches - it was heaven!  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had these for the first few weeks. Caffeine seems to help more than tylenol for me too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"