2nd Trimester

my bra causes me serious stress.

I feel like its strangling me. I need it for 'the girls' - but hate the band around my ribcage :P This is probably just a sign that I need to 'upgrade' I bet.

:-S needless to say its choking me to death.

Re: my bra causes me serious stress.

• I got a bra extender and it's saved my sanity!
  • I switch from my VS underwires to sportsbras when I get home from work for comfort. sooo much better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    Definitely a sign for an upgrade. I used to be a 34 or 36 B.. now I'm a 38 C on the loosest hook. Much better!
  • buying new bras at pea in the pod made me feel like a new woman!
  • Sounds like it's time for an upgrade!  I switch to my sports bra when I'm at home.  Oh how I miss the days of being at home bra-less.
  • Ugh, I hear you - I've been having this issue for the last week or so. By time I take my bra off at the end of the day, I have dark red lines all over my skin since its so tight. Sigh, I'm just in denial that my rib cage has actually grown....
  • imagevegandy:
    Sounds like it's time for an upgrade!  I switch to my sports bra when I'm at home.  Oh how I miss the days of being at home bra-less.

Amen sista

• ditto! but my underwire is stabbing me!  Can't wait to get home and take it off!
  • try going from a D to an F and have them not stop growing for 2 years after you stop nursing, to a G and then you get pregnant with your second and hit an H in the first 2 months of pregnancy.  Indifferent

At least daddy is happy.....  I'm just afraid of what size they will be in 6 months....

• image1Mmommy2:

try going from a D to an F and have them not stop growing for 2 years after you stop nursing, to a G and then you get pregnant with your second and hit an H in the first 2 months of pregnancy.  Indifferent

At least daddy is happy.....  I'm just afraid of what size they will be in 6 months....

Word.  I just had to upgrade from a D to a G (I didn't know they came that big!) and am nervous about what will happen when I start nursing.  Right now the cups are just slightly too big, so perhaps I will get off easy.  In any case, bras are critical to comfort, so buy whatever you need!  I got a few new nursing bras and a bra extender so I am able to wear some of the older ones as well.

• I ditched my underwires about 7 weeks ago and have been wearing my sports bra during the day.  I couldn't take it anymore and need more support so I went to VS and got their non-wire bras.  Much more comfy!  They were also on sale for 2 for $40.  I was worried about support, but they're kind of like a push-up and there's no wire to dig into me.
  • I just bought a new bra at 18 weeks and it already is way to tight and uncomfortable.  At least I'm a full time student so from now on I'm sticking to the sports bras!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've read in a couple of books that underwire can deform milk ducts, or prevent them from growing naturally.  When I needed to upgrade for size I made sure to avoid it.  Finding a 38D without underwire is difficult, but bot VS and A Pea In The Pod had them.
  • image1Mmommy2:

try going from a D to an F and have them not stop growing for 2 years after you stop nursing, to a G and then you get pregnant with your second and hit an H in the first 2 months of pregnancy.  Indifferent

I'm HUGE--er!  Was a 38 DD.  Now I'm comfortably a 40 G. I stopped wearing underwire bras altogether. Surprisingly, there are really comfy wireless bras (I get all nursing ones) out there, with excellent support.  My favorite so far is the Bravado Supreme Nursing Bra.  

• Bras are my biggest problem. I got extenders, but they did nothing to help the fact that my boobs are spilling out of the cups. Then I got maternity bras and a bra thats not maternity (got a 38D and normally wear 34C) and still I feel like I'm being strangled. NOTHING is comfortable. Every bra feels like my ribcage is getting bruised where the bra touches it.
  • Ugh! I know the feeling. I feel like my bra is trying to strangle me! When I'm home I've been wearing cami's with a shelf bra or sleep bras with no underwire. My regular bras are so uncomfortable! :(
  • Bras suck.  They're a thing of the devil. Seriously.

If my boobs weren't GIGANTIC, I'd go braless 24/7.  But I would definitely offend someone if I did that now. :)

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • I bought a $60 Spanx bra 4.5 weeks ago, and it's already getting tight around the rib cage. Very sad about this.
  • imageyogisunam:
    I bought a $60 Spanx bra 4.5 weeks ago, and it's already getting tight around the rib cage. Very sad about this.

I did the same thing. $65 for a Spanx bra at Destination Maternity. Loved it for about 2 months, now I wear it unbuckled otherwise it will strangle me.

Mine has a weird buckle in the front, so I can't use it with an extender. I just wear it unbuckled and my giant new boobies keep it in place without the cups spreading too far apart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"