3rd Trimester

Can I vent?!?!? ahh..

Okay, so one of my friends is pregnant also. I found out I was pregnant first and then she did. Her due date is May 2nd and mine is April 15th. Well, I am high risk and so I have to have more utlrasounds and more lab work due to my blood disorder. She is always messaging me trying to sound like she is getting more done than me......Honestly, I'm like okay.......as long as my doctor tells me I am healthy and our baby is healthy I don't care about other things. Well, I had an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago, I didn't even really tell anyone because I get them frequently. I was measuring a little over 2 weeks ahead. I asked my doctor about changing my due date and she said that it didn't mean their lungs would be developed and they will stick with my first due date. Well, today my "friend" messages me and says she is measuring 3 weeks ahead (just  fundal measurment) and that her son will be here sooner than expected and blah blah blah.......I feel like she is trying to have a competition on which baby gets here first and I don't care as long as mine is healthy and everything is okay..It is just really buuugggging the crap out of me!!!!! I wanted to say just because your measuring big doesn't necessarily mean anything but what do I know?!?!?! Okay vent over!!!!!! :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I vent?!?!? ahh..

• Isn't that the worse?! I don't know why some woman, especially ones that are suppose to be your friends, always feel the need to make everything into a competition! At least you're being positive because you're right, as long as you and your baby is healthy, who cares about anything else.
  • Being as you didn't tell anyone that you had the u/s - I wouldn't get too upset over it. 

Some dr's do change the dd's based on a growth u/s.

• Loading the player...
  • Oooh, that would drive me crazy too! 

• imagemrsh0606:

Being as you didn't tell anyone that you had the u/s - I wouldn't get too upset over it. 

She didn't have an ultrasound, it was just the measurment the doctor does!!

• Grr... I hate when people do that! I work with 5 other pregnant women and its all about competition- one girl is 14 weeks and she asked me when I first felt kicks. I told her I have an anterior placenta and I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks. She said "Well, my placenta is fine (obviously doesn't know what anterior means) and I just felt a kick this morning!" Her "competitions" get so annoying I just looked at her and said "oh, that was probably gas!" I know it wasn't the nicest thing, but I'm just really sick of her!!
  • imageBW2004:
    imagemrsh0606:

Being as you didn't tell anyone that you had the u/s - I wouldn't get too upset over it. 

She didn't have an ultrasound, it was just the measurment the doctor does!!

Just because she said she is having her LO early does not mean it will happen - if she knew such things, many women would pay her a lot of money to know their due date set in stone.  Either way, stop letting her experiences (which she is entitled to be excited about) make you upset, it's only fostering that competitive vibe you're mentioning.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagethemrs830:
    Grr... I hate when people do that! I work with 5 other pregnant women and its all about competition- one girl is 14 weeks and she asked me when I first felt kicks. I told her I have an anterior placenta and I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks. She said "Well, my placenta is fine (obviously doesn't know what anterior means) and I just felt a kick this morning!" Her "competitions" get so annoying I just looked at her and said "oh, that was probably gas!" I know it wasn't the nicest thing, but I'm just really sick of her!!

LOL!!!! that made me laugh!!!

• If you don't let it bother you, it will kill the competition.  You're sounding just as competitive if not more than her!  Try to just be excited for her also.  It will only get worse once the babies are born!

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBW2004:

Okay, so one of my friends is pregnant also. I found out I was pregnant first and then she did. Her due date is May 2nd and mine is April 15th. Well, I am high risk and so I have to have more utlrasounds and more lab work due to my blood disorder. She is always messaging me trying to sound like she is getting more done than me......Honestly, I'm like okay.......as long as my doctor tells me I am healthy and our baby is healthy I don't care about other things. Well, I had an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago, I didn't even really tell anyone because I get them frequently. I was measuring a little over 2 weeks ahead. I asked my doctor about changing my due date and she said that it didn't mean their lungs would be developed and they will stick with my first due date. Well, today my "friend" messages me and says she is measuring 3 weeks ahead (just  fundal measurment) and that her son will be here sooner than expected and blah blah blah.......I feel like she is trying to have a competition on which baby gets here first and I don't care as long as mine is healthy and everything is okay..It is just really buuugggging the crap out of me!!!!! I wanted to say just because your measuring big doesn't necessarily mean anything but what do I know?!?!?! Okay vent over!!!!!! :-)

Oh I can SOOO relate.  Once I found out I was PG, my "friend" and her husband started TTC too (before I got KU their plan was to wait another two years or so before trying to start a family).  Everything has been a competition with her as well.  From food, to exercise, to the nursery, to names, to daycare....BLEGH....I just ignore her now.  I can't let her get to me or I'd go crazy. 

You're doing a wonderful job being positive about the situation.  Keep it up! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She probably is eating too many bon-bons and her baby is fat! j/k

In all seriousness an increased fundal height doesnt mean your baby will be here any sooner.

She sounds annoying and I would probably have a hard time not saying snarky things back at her.

My ob won't move up a DD unless you measure I believe 4 weeks ahead or behind. (he will increase observation on the behind ones though) I doubt her dr. actually mentioned moving her DD up b/c of her gross measurements.

Keep doing your thing, grow a healthy baby, and if need be cut your losses...If she's that competitive NOW it WILL only get worse when the baby is born!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"