Toddlers: 24 Months+

Play kitchen sets

If your LO has a play kitchen do they use it a lot?  How old were they when you purchased it?  And what brand kitchen set did you purchase?  DD is fasinated with the dishwasher and loves unpacking the kitchen cupboards (as any kid does).  I don't think a play kitchen will solve this but I'm wondering if she might like it as well.  I would think it's something that would grow with her.  They have some good deals on the wooden Kid Kraft play kitchens so I'm debating if we should get her one.  I guess we could wait until Christmas to give it to her...she'd be 2.
imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

Re: Play kitchen sets

• My DD uses her all the time. I went w/ the wooden pink/white one from Target - Play Wonder? I wanted one that's fairly compact but also includes a lot of different spaces (microwave, stove, etc.). I researched a lot but kept coming back to it. It's super cute and holds a good amount of play food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my son loves his and plays a lot with it.. my mother in law got it for him for christmas so he was almost 2 1/2 not sure what brand it is..
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Step2 Deluxe kitchen and I'm very pleased with it. Tons of storage space and big enough for 2 kids to play at the same time. She was 18 mos when we got it and now she's almost 3 and it still gets almost daily use.
  • I got DS's almost $100 kitchen for $5 at a garage sale I found on craigslist.  He likes to put stuff in and out of the drawers.  He mostly climbs it to turn off the light and run his cars on the top of the "cabinets".
  • We got DD her kitchen for Christmas - she was 22 months old. She plays with it every day, it's by far her favorite thing to play with. She also got a shopping cart and a ton of play food, etc. to go with it - so it keeps her busy. I might wait till Christmas since your daughter is still pretty young, but that's obviously up to you. We love the kitchen we got her - Kidkraft Pink Retro Kitchen....it's awesome!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kidkraft-Pink-Retro-Kitchen-Refrigerator/10913113

If you decide to wait on the kitchen, you might try what we did: When DD was about a year old and started getting into cabinets, we cleared out one bottom cabinet for her. We filled it with a basket of play food and some plastic plates & cups, etc. She loved getting in the cabinet and taking everything in and out. HTH!

• we have the silver retro kidkraft one. Dd was just over two when she got it for christmas and loves it. At first it was just loading and unloading stuff into the compartments, now she pretends to cook. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We got DD a play kitchen for Christmas - so she was almost 2. We got this American Plastics one on sale for like $35 from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/American-Plastics-Homestyle-Kitchen-Play-Set/5913442

She absolutely loves it and spends a ton of time per day playing with it.

• We have a Step2 and DD LOVES it. She plays with it almost daily. We bought it when she was about 18 months old.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS got one for Christmas (so like 21 months?) and adores it.  He plays with it almost every day and he loves putting stuff in the cabinet/oven/fridge and making sandwiches with his play food.  His is a Little Tikes.

• We have the pink/white one from Play Wonder from Target but I got it in excellent condition at Goodwill for $13.00

We also have the Elmos's restaurant one as well.  We got that at Big Lots for $32.00 with a coupon.

She plays with them daily but only for a short time.  Mostly the Play Wonder one.  The Elmo's restaurant one she barely looks at. 

The elmo one we gave to her at 17 months (it is for 18mo-36 mo) and the Play Wonder one we gave to her at 18 months although it is for 3+

• DD loves her play kitchen and plays with it pretty much every day. We have a Step2 kitchen -- I think it's called the Lifestyle Partytime model or something. 

She got it for Christmas, just before she turned two. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • DS got the 50's diner (Step 2, I think) for Christmas. He loves to play with the food mostly...but does use it quite a bit - still unpacks the cabinets in our kitchen though!
  • We got DS the Step2 Gourmet Cafe Kitchen for his second birthday.  He loves playing with it an plays with it almost every day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our neighbors gave us their old play kitchen just a couple of months before her 2nd bday.  She plays with it EVERY day.    It's been about 4 mos now and the novelty hasn't worn off.  

I think it's called Play Wonder or something like that. It's a wooden set and they carry it at Target.  The exact set she has is no longer made but they have  something similar I just saw in the store.  

It doesn't have any bells or whistles but she loves it. As do all her friends who come over to play (ranging from age 1-5).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have one by Step 2.  She plays with it just about every day.
  • We have the Melissa and Doug Corner Kitchen -- it's all wood and not too huge, which I like.  Anyway, we got it when DD turned 2, and while she has pretty much played with it daily since we got it, she's only really getting into pretending to cook now, at 28 months.
  • We got Natalie one this Christmas (she was 2 months shy of 2).  It is the Melissa and Doug one, and she LOVES it.  Not too big, not too small, ample shelving, doors that close and hide all the crap that goes with it, knobs that turn, microwave table that turns, and very well made.  I think we got it for $50 off from Amazon in early December (with free shipping because we have Amazon Prime). 

here's a link:

https://www.melissaanddoug.com/dyn_prod.php?p=2607&k=87163&name=Deluxe%20Kitchen%20Play%20Center

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Got DD one for Christmas, she was 21 months. She has the Little Tikes wooden kitchen and Melissa & Doug wooden accessories, it's still her primary toy.

We love the one we got, lots of pieces, but great instructions, very sturdy and seemingly durable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"