2nd Trimester

What is the first thing you will want

to eat and drink after labor?

Re: What is the first thing you will want

• LCB34LCB34 member

I want sushi and either a glass of red wine or a vodka tonic with extra lime. 

My DH keeps telling me they won't let me take a baby home if I am drinking in the hospital but, I am standing firm that I will have a drink after pushing a baby out.

• Loading the player...
  • It it's like DD, whatever the hell the nurses can find me (we missed dinner on the hospital schedule, and I'm vegetarian, so they hunted around for salad, whatever they had in the stations, etc.)

First meal I have control over, though, bagel and lox.

• I have no idea what I'll really want after everything of course, but I love the idea of a nice large serving of chicken parmesan and a large vanilla latte. Tomato sauce just tastes funky right now, and I'm doing small amounts of coffee when I need it but also not the same taste.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Drink? A blue long island.

Eat? I don't know, but something like a pizza sounds nice.

• I told my husband last night a big glass of ice  water and spicy tuna (I still have morning sickness and can't drink water)
  • Ice cold beer and... ohhh I hadn't thought about the food. Maybe something to-go from cheesecake factory since it's nearby? 
  • imageChrissymarie98:

hmm, good question.

I'm not sure?

Do they ask you that?

They don't ask.  Most hospitals, after you are there a day or so, you can pick in the morning what you want for either that day's meals (or the next day's meals) off a very limited list.  At first they bring you the 'default' for that meal.

If ya want something good, you're going to need help Smile.

• This is a true story: My husband's friend snuck in a small bottle of Grey Goose to my hospital room. The sight of it made me sick.

This time I have no idea...

• An Italian hero and Red Mango. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • well since I'll be BFing Im still pretty limited when it comes to drinking... but I cant WAIT to enjoy a glass of wine or a martini again!!

My 1st meal after having my Littlest one was a maui zowie pizza :P haha. I dont hold back much while im pg - i still have occassinal sushi, deli meat, hot dogs ... ?

• Sushi and sake!!!!
  • There are so many choices! I can't choose just one. Here's my wish list: red wine, spiked frapp, Bellini, captain morgan and pepsi, a pint of guinness ...oh I could go on. I don't really care about the food, maybe some cookie dough.
  • Home made party mix!
  • The biggest alcoholic beverage there is known to man! HAHA....now I sound like a raging alcoholic =  lol
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• at the hospital my SIL delivered at they brought her a huge turkey dinner with stuffing and mashed potatoes. Special stuff for mothers. and some water or soda. I dont think my hospital allows alcohol after delivery.

But def. after Im out of the hospital Ill have a nice drink.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Eat ~ SUSHI!!!

Drink ~ CHAMPAGNE!!!!

*DH is already planning on sneaking in a bottle for after the baby is born :)

• LCB34LCB34 member
    imagemysticporter:
    imageChrissymarie98:

hmm, good question.

I'm not sure?

Do they ask you that?

They don't ask.  Most hospitals, after you are there a day or so, you can pick in the morning what you want for either that day's meals (or the next day's meals) off a very limited list.  At first they bring you the 'default' for that meal.

Some ask.  The hospital I am delivering at has a special post birth menu that is available all hours of the day/ night.

But, I will be having my friend bring my sushi to me!

• I'm getting a medium rare steak with creamy mashed potatoes and the tallest blue moon they can bring me.
  • DH will probably go out and get me some real food, or a friend will bring some to the hospital.  Hospital food BLOWS.  DH went out and bought food for each and every meal after DD was born because we couldn't stomach the bland mush the hospital gave us.

When we get home, I'll be having a big Blue Moon to celebrate.  Right after little guy has a good feeding, that is. 

I really haven't avoided anything other than alcohol, so there's nothing I really want to dive into after.  

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • I really have no idea whatsoever. I guess it will depend on my appetite at the time?
    Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • SUSHI!!!!!! oh how i miss sushi, esp salmon *sigh*

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • I've started making note of the food choices near the hospital- there's a great cuban place a few minutes away!

I definitely want a glass of dry champagne- the good stuff that I've really missed.  I also will probably want a spicy tuna roll.

Yes, I will be breast feeding, but I have no problem having a drink while breast feeding.  I just won't be having 4!

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think the answer to all questions like this is simple:  Bacon.
  • a big diet Pepsi! 9 months is a long time to go without!
  • A great big mojito.

Sushi sounds good, too!

• Never really thought about the food.....

Drinks?  Red Wine / Blue Moon / Sam Summer!

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • imageChrissymarie98:

hmm, good question.

I'm not sure?

Do they ask you that?

The hospital I'm going to will let you bring in your own food (not sure on their alcohol policy, but am not really craving any right now...just the coffee!)

• Coke - ice cold, in a can and a cheesesteak (I can't stand the sight of beef right now!)
  • imageLCB34:
    imagemysticporter:
    imageChrissymarie98:

hmm, good question.

I'm not sure?

Do they ask you that?

Some ask.  The hospital I am delivering at has a special post birth menu that is available all hours of the day/ night.

Sigh.  Your hospital sounds nice, it's great they think of that sort of thing!

• A BBQ bacon cheeseburger with a Honeyweiss
  • imagepixy_stix:
    I think the answer to all questions like this is simple:  Bacon.

Oh, dang. I forgot about this. Can I change my answer?Smile

• A Smithwick's and um, an Aleve.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A big frozen margarita and some fajitas lol!
  • A huge plate of boneless buffalo wings, a huge bag of hot cheetos, and a huge glass of milk!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    "Forget your lust for the rich man's gold. All that you need is in your soul, and you can do this if you try. All that I want for you my son, is to be satisfied." Photobucket
  • A glass of Stella Artois and some sushi.  YUM!
  • Absolutely nothing from the hospital- yuck. I've never had any food, other than raw veggies and bagged chips, at a hospital that I can stomach. Especially with my food allergies- my options there are limited to bland, disgusting...stuff. I will be taking full advantage of 80% of my family and friends living within 20 miles of the hospital to keep me stocked up.

My dad's smoked salmon is at the top of my list. He only makes it late summer, so the timing is perfect! I don't even miss alcohol a tiny bit at this point...seems like I'm the only one! Maybe that will change.

• imagepixy_stix:
    I think the answer to all questions like this is simple:  Bacon.

Why are you not eating bacon!?!?

They sell nitrate/nitrite-free bacon.  I'd get a nervous twitch if I couldn't eat bacon for 9 months.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • imageLCB34:
    imagemysticporter:
    imageChrissymarie98:

hmm, good question.

I'm not sure?

Do they ask you that?

My hospital has that special menu as well. It included a very nice steak dinner. Last time I had an adversion to red meat (it lasted several weeks after I had LO!) so I chose the chicken. This time I am having an aversion to chicken so I am getting my steak and baked potato!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"