3rd Trimester

36 week check-up

I went in for my first pelvic exam yestarday (36 weeks) and I was 3 cm dialated.  My doctor seem surprised and said that I would probably not make it to my due date and that once I went into labor it would probably go pretty fast.  I thought it was common to be a few cm dialted a month before your due date.  What is your experience????

Re: 36 week check-up

• I was 3cm for two weeks with #1, but had her at 38 weeks 3 days, so before due date.
  • I've been 2-3cm dialated since Friday Feb 5th. Tons of PAINFUL bh, 1 false labor fake out (with contractions 5min apart)...still no baby. For your sake, I pray you aren't far away from delivery! This last leg of pregnancy is not my favorite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I WISH!!!! Last week i hadnt dialated at all yet! I was hoping there would be some progress at 36wks. I go bk tomorrow for 37wks so hopefully there will be something going on. 
  • Unfortunately you can be stuck at 3 cm dilated for a few weeks...I know I have seen plenty of mamas to be frustrated on here because of this  From what my OB told me, effacement and engagement are bigger indicators of how close you are to labor.

On the other hand, that just means that when you go in to labor, you will pretty much have a 1/3 of the dilating work done! GL Smile

• I was a fingertip dialated when I was induced w/ both girls.  39 weeks, 6 days w/ #1 and 37 weeks, 5 days w/ #2.
  • I was 2 cm with DS at 36-ish weeks and the doctor told me I wouldn't make it to my due date.  He was born at 40w 3d.  I do agree with the progress helping labor go faster- I was only in labor for 4 hours. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i was 3cm at my 36wk appt, and had DD 3 days later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"