Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Any regrets on what you named your LO?

I have none. I ADORE her name!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any regrets on what you named your LO?

• Nope I love his name! It suits him perfectly.
  • imagekc10786:

I have none. I ADORE her name!

Nope, I LOVE my DD name!!

• Loading the player...
  • Not at all. Her name suits her perfectly!
  • Nope I don't. I always liked the name and I like that it isn't popular.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No I love his name and it suits him perfectly! We were team green and had a few names for a boy, when he came out I said "Oh he IS an Aiden!". The cord hadnt even been cut yet lol.

I do however, wish there wasnt 50+ other Aidens on the boards lol. Its too popular and I knew that it would be but couldnt help using it.
  • Nope, I love it.

But I really love using both names, so maybe I should have added a hyphen, though I would probably get tons of side eyes.

So, we'll stick with just the first name.

• Nope.  I love her name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • No regrets here! I had her name picked out since I was around 16 or 17 weeks pregnant (even though I didn't find out she was a girl until 19 weeks.. hahaha!)
  • I love DS name (Jameson Matthew) but I am so tired of people asking if I named him after the whiskey. It's annoying.
  • Love my boy's name!
  • tsoyster- I LOVE your LO's name. If I had a girl, she would have been an Ansley :)
  • imageLost4words:
    I love DS name (Jameson Matthew) but I am so tired of people asking if I named him after the whiskey. It's annoying.
    we were thinking this name. I love it but SO is a bartender and people were asking us if that's why we liked it.
  • imageLost4words:
    I love DS name (Jameson Matthew) but I am so tired of people asking if I named him after the whiskey. It's annoying.
    I get the same with Jack. It doesn't help that we like the name Stella for a girl, which is a beer.
  • sgrlsgrl member
    I wish her middle name were a bit less common, but it sounded so pretty with Sadie and our last name, so we bit the bullet and used it. I love her first name, no regrets there.
  • I love DS's name, but I regret not giving DH more of a say.  DH is Francis IV and he kind of wanted another Francis but I told him absolutely not.  I was pretty mean about it the entire pregnancy.  Two days after DS was born we decided on Ethan Francis.  I can tell DH is disappointed, and I feel bad....but not so bad that I with DS was Francis.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I don't regret what we named him but I wish the circumstances were different regarding his name...we named him after my brother who died in a car accident nine years ago.  If my brother were still alive, we probably wouldn't have named him William.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I love his name and couldn't imagine anything different for him. The only annoying thing is that people around where I live always ask if he is named after Cole Hamels (pitcher for the Philies). The answer is "NO!". We just love the name
  • No regrets whatsoever.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Love my DD's name!  She's named after my grandma, who just turned 90 this past weekend.  It suits her perfectly.  In fact, we thought we would end up calling her Evie, but Eveline is usually what we call her. 
  • I love her name... it fits her great!  Its just hard when I tell old ladies what her name is, without fails they look at me and say "oh okay!" or "did you say Grease?"  yes old lady I named my baby Grease!  HA!  I guess Reese is not common in the old lady crowd!

• Nope, I loooove her name

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Not really- but I never call her by her name, so it feels weird to say it or hear it. 
  • I LOVE his name!!  Funny thing is we were team green and had a list of names picked out so we weren't fully decided when we went it and I had an emergency c-section where I was knocked out (epi didn't work). Hubs said the nurse asked for his name (I was still asleep from the surgery and didn't even know what it was yet) and he immediately just "knew" it was Nolan.  When I woke up they asked if I wanted to know what it was and I said no I wanted my husband to tell me and he came in and said "it's Nolan"  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope..I love her name!!!!  No regrets whatsoever!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~Karen & Mike~ 8.25.06
  •   I'm happy with her name.  Her middle name is Jane, and I would like to use that as a first name if we have another girl, but I doubt I would.  For some reason, Nora is popular on this board, but I only know one IRL besides DD.  I tend to like older names.
  • Nope none at all. Carter fits him perfectly. His mn is Clifford which is a family name, going back 7 generations on DH's side, and I wasn't sold on it at first but it is perfect.
  • I love his name but theres times I wish I had just named him Jasper like originally planned especially when I have to spell out his first name because everyone pronounces it LYNN or RylenD.

URGH!

• Nope, I absolutely love her name! The only thing that bothers me about it is when some people say "Cindy" instead of "Sydney".
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLizzerd13:
    I don't regret what we named him but I wish the circumstances were different regarding his name...we named him after my brother who died in a car accident nine years ago.  If my brother were still alive, we probably wouldn't have named him William.

your post touched me.  DS's middle name is my sister's middle name.  she was killed by a drunk driver in May 08. 

• No regrets here.  I love his name, it was one of the first ones we thought of when we got pregnant.  We were team green, and I have no idea what we would have named a girl if we'd had one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I picked out LO's name years ago and LOVE IT. My older children though I am not totally thrilled with their names. I had picked unusual names for them and got talked out of every one of them. Their names now suit them but part of me is still disappointed.
  • Absolutely no regrets! I <3 the name Noah Benjamin. It suits DS to a t.

However, I will EFFING STAB the next person who asks me if I named him after the main character in the movie 'The Notebook'. I'm almost seriously considering hanging a sign off DS's car seat carrier handle. Even the nurse at the hospital, when I gave her DS's name, said "Oh, from that Ryan Gosling movie, right?" Umm. Nope. Never seen it.

/mini vent 

• imageld102009:

imageLizzerd13:
    I don't regret what we named him but I wish the circumstances were different regarding his name...we named him after my brother who died in a car accident nine years ago.  If my brother were still alive, we probably wouldn't have named him William.

your post touched me.  DS's middle name is my sister's middle name.  she was killed by a drunk driver in May 08. 

My eyes teared when I read your posts. One of my son's middle name is after my brother who passed away in May of 2006 (while we were on our honeymoon).  It is bittersweet.  I love honoring him, but I wish more that he was with us and could know our little boys. 

• No regrets, love both names.  DD1's middle name is my middle name and DD2's middle name is my mom's first name.  I like that they both have "family" names too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• No.  I love baby girl's name.
  • His name is Jackson.  We love the name but I hate how popular it is.  We NEVER call him Jackson though.  He's Jack all the time.  Nobody calls him Jackson except for one of his grandmas.

He's a total Jack to me.  I wanted to name him Jack but DH wanted Jackson so it was a good compromise bc Jack is an obvious nickname. 

• No but I think some people like her middle name more than her first (Lauren Olivia) because we get some people calling her by her middle name. Doesn't really bother me. We just say "Well, looks like we already screwed her up. Shoulda just named her Olivia." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"