3rd Trimester
Options

Bassinet?

Is a bassinet needed or can a newborn be put right into the crib immediately?

Re: Bassinet?

• Options

Parents use bassinets to make it easier for them...to have the baby nearby.  Putting a newborn into a crib immediately is fine.  I'm planning to do both.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used the bassinet for the first month to keep DD next to the bed...since then she's been in her crib.  It's up to the parent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're using the PnP actually instead of a basinet but only b/c LO's room is on the 1st floor and we're on the 2nd so I want LO in our room for at least a few weeks in the begining.
  • Options

imageRizzo5:
    We used the bassinet for the first month to keep DD next to the bed...since then she's been in her crib.  It's up to the parent.

This, with DS as well as with this baby I plan on having the bassinet in my room just to make it easier for me while Im learning to breastfeed, healing from surgery, and getting on a schedule. Within the first few months I will transition her to her crib. Its up to the parent and whatever is easiest for them.

• Options
    Is it neccessary? no you can use the crib from day one. I know people who have done this. The reason for the bassinet or Pack and Play or co-sleepr unit is so that the baby is close by and its easier with midnight, 2 am, 4 am etc feedings......
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSept1799:
    Is it neccessary? no you can use the crib from day one. I know people who have done this. The reason for the bassinet or Pack and Play or co-sleepr unit is so that the baby is close by and its easier with midnight, 2 am, 4 am etc feedings......

This.  Plus, some babies after being in such tight quarters for 9 months don't know what to do with all the room in the crib so the bassinet is more cozy for them, because it is a much smaller space.  Personally, I am going to make things as easy on myself as possible by keeping the baby right next to my side of the bed in his bassinet for the first couple of months (we also set up a changing station in our room so I don't have to go to the nursery to change diapers in the middle of the night) but I know people who have done both. 

• Options

From what I read it's not necessary.  We are getting a mini crib to keep LO in our room, but I will transition her to her crib soon after we develop a schedule.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"