2nd Trimester

A post on 12-24 says U/S was wrong...

Her friend was told they were having a boy & out came a little girl. EEK.

Re: A post on 12-24 says U/S was wrong...

• That happened to my close friend. They were told over and over and over again that they were having a girl and out popped a boy. Their nursery was ALL girl (super pink and frilly) and all of their girl clothes had been washed.
  • I knew a couple that was told they were having a girl.

Came home with a boy!

• Loading the player...
  • I've known two people this has happened to. Their girls were boys. We'll try to find out (U/S is March 10) but I'm still going to decorate and buy clothing close to the neutral spectrum
    kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sure everyone knows someone that had that happen.  My best friend's sister was told it was a girl and she delivered a boy.  He had a pink room ;)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imagebeccaga16:
    How far along was she at her gender screening?

20 wks.

• Here is to hoping that the perinatologist knows what he is talking about!!! I am taking all my boy clothes to consignment today!
  • I can understand being told a girl and winding up with a boy, since parts can hide and all.  But if you can clearly see a penis how do you eff that up???
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• imageDreamsicle23:
    I can understand being told a girl and winding up with a boy, since parts can hide and all.  But if you can clearly see a penis how do you eff that up???

LOL  Seriously.  You'd think it would be easier to identify a penis...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDreamsicle23:
    I can understand being told a girl and winding up with a boy, since parts can hide and all.  But if you can clearly see a penis how do you eff that up???

Umbilical cord. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• With a clear shot, on a good US machine, with nothing in the way, either a boy or a girl should be quite obvious...or so they say.

I worry about this a bit since we had 2 early ones that said boy and the 20 week said girl...

• This happened to a lady I work with (only it was like 16 years ago).  Every U/S told her she was having a boy, even her amnio said a boy, but out came a girl.
  • yep this just happened to my best friend.  She was told boy at 12 weeks which i told her VERY VERY early and on Friday at 18 weeks clearly a girl.  Shes devastated but thats what happens when these u/s techs go in this early and make these predictions.
  • imagemrs.jenni:

imageDreamsicle23:

Umbilical cord. 

Girls parts can swell and look like boy parts.

• This exact scenario just happened to my close friend from college.  They even had a shower with all boy stuff and had the boy clothes washed for when they came home from the hospital.  They had to scramble to find girl stuff after the fact and ended up just packing the boy clothes away in hopes that their next one comes out a boy!  ;-)
  • I know multiple people this happened to.  Some recent and some about 10 years ago.  It is not why we are team green entirely, but it happens and I can only imagine how difficult it is to go through.  Just 3 years ago, my sister's SIL had everything pink and was so excited to be having a girl, and she had a boy.  My sister took two days off of work to repaint the nursery and return things and get everything ready for the new baby boy.  I don't see how anyone could possibly be prepared for that but I would still wait to bring things to the consignment shop until you see the bits in person.

• Wow, Ive heard a lot of this happening as well. I go to a military clinic and the tech from my first U/S told me that they arent suppose to tell us if they see the sex, just for that reason. But he said he would go ahead and give us his opinion if he did see something. Sadly, we are still Team Green. He told us he didnt even feel comfortable telling us 70% girl...soooo round 2 today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"