3rd Trimester

whats with all the pink?!

I'm getting so frustrated buying for DD. First, I couldn't find any decent bedding in my price range that wasn't all pink that would also mesh with DS's decor (they're sharing a room). Now I'm looking for a coming home/ first pictures outfit in a premie size and not only is there limited selection in that small a size but all the stuff I like is pink! Don't get me wrong I love pink and I ended up putting together bedding piece by piece with a pink bumper but damn. I don't want the poor girl in a sea of pink like my nieces are.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: whats with all the pink?!

• I agree.  I have nothing against pink, but I would like to have some other colors in her wardrobe and they are hard to find.
  • I was surprised at how much purple we got at our shower yesterday...10 purple onesies, 2 pair of purple pants, and another purple outfit. Check out Carter's stuff for colors other than pink.

• Loading the player...
  • I know! I'm so tired of all this pink stuff! I did find some blue dresses, yellows, greens, all at Macy's. They were having a huge sale.
  • I was a mom who hated pink, but eventually I just had to suck it up. I buy other colors when I have the option but DD has a very pink wardrobe and she rocks it!

ETA: Gymboree sometimes has some different stuff and non-pink options. Its pricey but they have good sales and if you buy online, stuff goes to clearance quickly and sizes stay available for a long time.

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Gap Baby is also really good about having non-pink, super cute girl items, but no preemie sizes Sad
  • I like the green that is out. I got two Carter outfits the other day - one green with white daisys and the other green stripes and polka dots. I'm feelin' the green for our spring baby! 
  • Of course I got a lot of pink as well from others, but like you I dont want all pink. I find that shopping at either target or carter's i can find multiple outfits that are adorable and not just pink. Oh and another place to try would be khols if you have one where you live. 
  • The Children's Place has cute colorful clothes that wash well and last. They are not expensive either!

https://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_-1_117425__24101%7C72472%7C117425_newborn%7Coutfits%7Ccountry%20cutie

• thanks for the suggestions on where to look! I actually do have a lot of larger sizes (3-6, 6-9) in different colors from Carters, Kohls, and the like. I love Carter's clothes... always have they're so soft!  I got the cutest little  outfit by Carter's that's aqua with a little panda on the rump. IDK why but it just tickles me pink when the clothes have a picture or ruffle on the rump LOL.
  • Pink is relentless! We have almost none, however, except for what we got as hand-me-downs for one friend. BRU lets you choose by color, so I had no trouble finding non-pink attire and decor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found a very cute take me home outfit that is not pink, but it doesn't come in preemie. It comes in newborn tho...

https://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3089278/0~2379292~2380331~2381663?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2381663&P=1

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • imagebrennatay:
    Gap Baby is also really good about having non-pink, super cute girl items, but no preemie sizes Sad

I love Baby Gap!  It can get pretty pricey though, unless they're having a sale!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • LO's coming home outfit is a white sleeper with a small brown/green bear in the corner, and a green hat/socks. No pink :D
  • dantodanto member
    I love pink.  But have also purchased some blue for LO (cause it had monkeys on it and I have a thing for monkeys).  Nothing wrong with a girl in blue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"