Nurseries and Baby Gear

City Mini for running?

We've registered for the Chicco Cortina Travel System but I know that I will eventually want a jogging stroller too so am reconsidering.  Not to mention that I drive a car and want something super easy to fold up and put in the trunk. I've heard good things here about the City Mini but I thought that all real jogging strollers had the large front wheel and the City Mini does not.  Does anyone have one and really use it for jogging, as well as the everyday type use?  What are the cons of the City Mini compared to a travel system?  Thanks!

Re: City Mini for running?

• The city mini isn't not a jogging stroller.  People get confused, but the brand is Baby Jogger, but that doesn't mean that all of their strollers are joggers - actually none of the City Series can be used as a jogger.  You need to go to the Summit series by Baby Jogger if you want a jogging stroller.

I don't think there are any cons to using the City Mini over a travel system - it is usually lighter, better fold, easier to maneuver, etc.  You will just need to purchase the car seat adapter to make it a custom travel system.

BOB is another option that could be used as a travel system and a jogger.  Note that joggers aren't going to be lightweight and easy to fold. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got a City Mini for the reasons named by PP.  Instead of a car seat adapter, we are getting a snap and go to use as the stroller for the car seat, they cost about the same and the adapter won't be useful for that long. The City Mini came in a box so slim, I can't believe there is a stroller in there! But we don't plan to use it for jogging.

• Loading the player...
  • We've purchased the City Mini because it is so light and folds easily. We travel for our small family business almost half the year so am hoping that it will do well on the road. We got the adapter bar and a Graco Snugride 32. This is our first so we really have no idea what our real daily needs will be but hope that this will work out.
  • city mini isn't a jogger
  • If you go to the Baby Jogger website, it specifically states that the CM is not for jogging.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"