Trying to Get Pregnant

New to TTC or TTGP? Click Here!

**some ladies suggested a repost so here you go** 

Hi Ladies.  It seems like there are SO many newbies lately.  I thought it might be helpful to have a bunch of information in one place.  Ofcourse, you can learn all the same things from lurking, but this might save some time.

First, there is a glossary on the bottom left hand of the page.  You'll pick up most of the abbreviations from lurking, but if you're not sure, just ask.

Second, with so many people joining, it's hard to keep track of who you are.  Please consider adding an avatar picture to your profile or a picture in your signature, it makes it easier for us to recognize you.  You don't have to use a picture of yourself, add anything you want.  An easy way to do this is at tinypic.com.

Most of the ladies on GP chart using fertilityfriend.com.  Please check it out.  You can access the site by clicking on anyone's chart.  They have amazing tutorials and great FAQs.  Even if you're not charting your temps yet, just tracking your cycle and cervical mucus or OPKs is helpful.

Please do not waste your time using the bump ovulation calendar.  It is useless and will teach you nothing about your body.  This goes for bump tickers as well.

Taking Charge of Your Fertililty (TCOYF) is a great book that will teach you so much about your body and how it works.  You will see it referred to often on GP.

You can order cheap OPKs online from saveontests.com or early-pregnancy-tests.com.  Amazon and ebay have some as well.  And peeonastick.com has lots of information about how to read tests and a bunch of pictures. 

It can take your body 6 mths to a year to adjust after coming off BCP.  If you go 60 days without AF, call your doctor.  It can take a healthy couple a year to get pregnant. 

CD1 is always the first day of red flow.

Green tea helps increase CM.  Drink 1-2 cups from CD1-O.  (O=ovulation)

Pom juice helps to thicken your lining which can help with implantation.  Real pom is expensive, try Minute Maid Blueberry Pom.  Drink 8oz a day from CD1 - O.

Pineapple core helps with implantation.  Eat 1/5 of the core from O - 5dpo, but not longer.  Not a ton of people do this, but you can try if you want to.  It's better if you make it into a smoothie.

B6 can help to lengthen your LP.  However, B6 can cause nerve damage in too high of a dose, so check with your Dr before starting this.

If you haven't started taking a prenatal vitamin, do it now!  You don't need an Rx.  I use the Target brand.

Lurk on here to learn, google is your friend.

Welcome and good luck.  I hope this helps!

dx PCOS on Metformin
LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
Totally worth the wait!
Getting ready for #2
Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
My Chart / Info for Newbies

Re: New to TTC or TTGP? Click Here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards