Babies: 0 - 3 Months

umbilical cord

when do they fall off?? my sons still hasnt yet getting kinda worried.

Re: umbilical cord

• My daughter was 2 weeks old to the day when it came off, on the morning of her 2 week old doctor's appointment actually.  No worries. :)
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • My DS STILL hasnt fell off yet...I asked my pedi at his weight check in last week and she said that some babies can take up to a month and that she was not at all conserned about it. I want it to fall off so I can stop sponge bathing him and give him a REAL bath! But from what my pedi said, you shouldnt be too worried. Dont over alcohol swab it, that can cause it to stay on longer...that was the only advice she gave me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow i was told NOT TO TOUCH IT! thanks ladies i feel better!
  • My DD's fell off at 5 days old - but the pediatrician had to use silver nitrate to cauterize the bottom of it at her 1 week appointment because it still had some healing to do.
  • It took about 3 weeks for Cora's to fall off.
  • my daughter was almost 6 weeks when her's finally came off....no biggy
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageheatherh43:
    My DS STILL hasnt fell off yet...I asked my pedi at his weight check in last week and she said that some babies can take up to a month and that she was not at all conserned about it. I want it to fall off so I can stop sponge bathing him and give him a REAL bath! But from what my pedi said, you shouldnt be too worried. Dont over alcohol swab it, that can cause it to stay on longer...that was the only advice she gave me!

You don't have to do sponge baths any more.  They used to think you shouldn't get it wet but not any more.  The hospital even does submerged baths.  You can go ahead and give your DC a real bath Yes

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagerysmomsn2banother:
    Oh wow i was told NOT TO TOUCH IT! thanks ladies i feel better!

This!  We were told no alcohol or anything.  This was totally different than the instructions I had with DS and DD. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"