1st Trimester

Trying to be creative

My husband and I are trying to come up with some pretty clever ideas for telling our parents about baby. I have a brother and sister in law who have been really creative in telling the parents about their 3 children and the other brother has pretty much just told everytime they have been pregnant (they have 4) and for the 5th one they decided to go creative too so we are feeling a little pressure (or a least I am). So any ideas or stories about how you told would be cool.

We are kinda jumping the gun a little since we arent very far along but we are planning to tell next weekend after we have our appointment this coming week. We live a little distance from our families and next weekend just happens to be a good weekend to visit.

Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear" -E.E. Cummings (In Memory of Baby Beluga 3-21-10)

Re: Trying to be creative

• We told our parents by showing them a cute video that DH made with his students.  We made it seem like we just wanted them to see what his classroom is like.  At the end of the video it cut to us at home awaiting the results of our 3rd pregnancy test...they were really surprised and we got their reactions on camera.

We told my grandma by taking her out to dinner.  I made a sign with a picture of us on it that said "Hi Grandma, We're PREGNANT!!!"  I asked the hostess in advance to put the sign in her menu so when she opened it she'd be surprised.  She loved it and she showed all her friends.

We're going to tell a few of my friends who I haven't seen in months tonight.  I think what we'll do is show them our wedding album and have our ultrasound pictures on the last page...There was another post a while ago about this and that's what someone said she did...I think it's a great idea!  

Good luck with your creativity!

• Those are good ones, I like the sign in the dinner menu.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear" -E.E. Cummings (In Memory of Baby Beluga 3-21-10)
  • Loading the player...
  • me and hubby are waiting until the end of march - but i figure we can just wear really cheesey "bun in the oven" t-shirts and just wait for everyone to notice....   i'm pretty sure everyone is going to be onto me by then anyways because i haven't touched a drop of alcohol in a month (it'll be 10 weeks by then) and that's just not like me at all.
  • Well I have a similar situation at least on my side of the family, our baby will be the 10th grandchild so of course we've been told all sorts of ways!  We're going to tell my family on Easter (easiest time to have almost everyone together all at once without causing suspicion) with a basket containing a hollow egg with a note inside that will say something along the lines of 'looking forward to hatching and meeting my new family in October, love baby **'-- also thinking about adding something at the end for my parents like 'looking forward to completing your top 10'

For my husband's out-of-town parents, new grandparents, we are seeing them next weekend.  I'm thinking about having a card and on the inside all it will say is "Finally the answer to the question you always ask is YES" lol  And then we'll give them the Easter basket to announce to the rest of his family when they get together for Easter brunch.

Hope that helps I did a bit of googling to try and get ideas but for the most part I had to think of the people I was telling and what they would appreciate.  Congrats and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"