Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bottle suggestions <3

baby is coming soon ( not soon enough lol ) but I haven't decided on bottles yet. I'll be BFing and pumping while I'm @ school ( nursing student ) so my hubby will need bottles for my little guy. I'm thinking glass but I'm open to any suggestions. TIA xo

Re: Bottle suggestions <3

• We have a bunch of advent but ds doesn't really like advent and likes the cheap small evenflo's. So just buy a couple and see what he/she likes before commiting. I BF and Pump as well.

• I have Dr. Brown's glass bottles and like them. But I will say at night when I'm tired, the glass is so heavy. That sounds ridiculous, but it's true :). And when you travel, it's nice to have plastic too. I have Dr. Browns plasic. I also have Born Free plastic (my DS1 liked the born free, my twins don't seem to care for the wider nipple).

But 99% of the time, I just use the bottles that came with/hook onto my Medela breast pump :)

• Loading the player...
  • We like the playtex drop in. We also use the vent-air, which is great because you can use the same nipples for either bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use Drop-Ins and I love them. No leaks and DS rarely has gas issues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We tried Dr. Brown's and they work fine but I hate having to take it apart and have to use the little pipe cleaner every time I have to wash the bottle. The Playtex Drop-ins were great and actually helped LO latch on better when I was breast feeding (the nipple is really wide). And we also like the Born Free bottles. 
  • I have glass Dr. Brown's bottles and love them.  I also have a set of Dr. Browns plastic bottles but like the glass so much better for some reason.  Not heavy at all to me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My baby girl loves the Breast Flow bottles.  We don't use bottles often at all.  Just occasionally when DH and I go out and leave the girls with a sitter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesusanlovestexas:
    My baby girl loves the Breast Flow bottles.  We don't use bottles often at all.  Just occasionally when DH and I go out and leave the girls with a sitter.

DS likes the breast flow bottles too. I this week had to start supplementing a few bottles of formula and he had nipple confusion a bit with the born free plastic ones so we switched to the breast flow and no issues since.

• the medela ones are awesome. we tried to use soothie ones, since she was using that paci and she choked on them, but then i used the medela one that came with my pump and ended up buying a bunch of those since she took it so well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started with the cheap evenflo ones but after a few weeks they were making her very gassy so we switched to dr. browns (plastic) and she loves these.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • We only have two, because we EBF and I save what I pump for babysitting excursions.

We have a Nuk one, and a Born Free one. DS MUCH prefers the Born Free. 

• we use dr. browns and we love them, no problems with them yet
  • We use Dr. Brown's and VentAire. We like both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"