Birth Stories

We want to know if you have babies on the brain....

Take our poll!
[Poll]

Re: We want to know if you have babies on the brain....

• Thinking about TTC? Head over to the Trying to Get Pregnant board.

Pregnant? Find your Birth Month Club.

Not up for it yet? Check out Babies Not on The Brain on The Nest!

• Loading the player...
  • I've got babies on the brain, not because we have decided we want them but because I'm conflicted over birth control and whether or not we're waiting for the right reasons.

Just finished reading this article about it. from Relevant magazine.

• We just had a baby, definitely not thinking about the next one yet.  I am soooo enjoying our first born (I don't even  know if we want a second one).
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • babies are on the brain but not quite ready
  • I've had babies on the brain steadily for the last two years, about six months after we got married, but we're waiting.  We can't afford a baby right now, and we're probably not ready to give up our individual time just yet.  Hopefully we can afford one in the next few years after we've had some time to ourselves in our marriage and also accomplished some of thr personal goals we have...but in a perfect world, we'd be TTC this June.
  • babies are for sure on our brains..but not sure when it'll happen
  • Its so ironic that I open my email and see this survey. It has been a hot topic of conversation lately. Personally, I don't think you can ever be fully ready to have a child because your expections are always challenged. My husband is afraid of being a bad father or screwing something up, which I am constanting try to remind him that is amazing and will be amazing with our kid. Our family is, has, and always will be ready and waiting for the babies! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely not. We just got married In August 2009 and we are firm believers in having plenty of "us" time before we start the family. I'm so tired of everyone asking! 
  • imagejewess729:
      We can't afford a baby right now,

no one can afford a baby, really. so many people have told me if you wait until you can afford a baby, you'll never have one.

• We're pregnant after a year of trying and lots of obstacles.
  • Baby is definitely on the brain. We discussed it for over a year and although we were a little uncertain about the financial responsibilities, we decided to start TTC and now we're due in July! Everyone always talks about waiting for the "right" time, but we're not convinced there is ever a "right" time.
  • Im both babies on the brain but sick of people asking if we are PG
  • Uhhhh... I didn't know what TTC meant and I think I clicked that yes we have babies on the brain... but we are certainly NOT trying to conceive!!!  So I guess I messed up the poll!  We just got married in May and have only known each other for 2 years and a few months... we are waiting another year and a half until we start trying to have kids!!  Gotta enjoy our freedom for now but when I enter my 30s I guess it'll be time to get down to businessWink
  • We celebrated our 1 month wedding anniversary not knowing that I was already pregnant! I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and going to my first appt next week!

Can't believe it! :) 

• imageashleym909:

imagejewess729:

no one can afford a baby, really. so many people have told me if you wait until you can afford a baby, you'll never have one.

That's idiotic. Lots of people can afford to have a baby.

For us, we're waiting until my student loans are paid off so that I have the option of staying home for a few years.  Can we afford a baby now?  Probably.  Is it in our best interest financially to wait just a few more years?  Absolutely.  Even if we weren't waiting so that I could stay home, the interest we will save by putting that money towards debt rather than towards a baby is huge.  

• There should be another option. Babies on the brain, but waiting to TTC!
  • imagegoheels05:
    imageashleym909:

imagejewess729:

That's idiotic. Lots of people can afford to have a baby.

For us, we're waiting until my student loans are paid off so that I have the option of staying home for a few years.  Can we afford a baby now?  Probably.  Is it in our best interest financially to wait just a few more years?  Absolutely.  Even if we weren't waiting so that I could stay home, the interest we will save by putting that money towards debt rather than towards a baby is huge.  

there's always ways that people can make it work. but if i waited until my student loans were paid off, id be having kids at 50!

• The only reason I have babies on the brain is because I don't want to have children and nearly everyone I know is appalled by that.  I hear it nearly every day from my parents that I'll change my mind and they want grandkids, so babies can't not be on my brain.  I suppose I should never say never, but at this point in my life, I don't see children in the future (and yes, hubby is well aware of this...was a topic of conversation before we even got married).

• Yes and No, Yes we do, No we are not ready to TTC yet, and we are sick and tired of people thinking I'm pregnant any time I'm not feeling well or don't have a drink. We're ready, we're just waiting for a few things to happen before we TTC.
  • Definitely on my brain but can't afford to have another. I had my first and only baby at age 20; I'm 26 now and still can't afford another. Plus, we're living with my husband's parents and don't want to impose further by bringing a new baby in. Plus I'm afraid to have another one because I'm overweight, have high cholesterol, and my first baby was a c-section.
  • imageArtist4life925:
    There should be another option. Babies on the brain, but waiting to TTC!

I second this... we're planning to start TTC in the fall...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • That was a fantastic article.  Thank you for sharing it.  It really helped to read something that confirmed what I've been beginning to think myself.  I actually took myself off the pill a couple of months ago and I don't think I regret it.  I was put on it because of poly cystic ovarian syndrome and it solved the problem when my husband and I got married and wanted to wait a bit before having children.  But it turned out that, while I was no longer experiencing the misery from my health issue, I became just as miserable in the pill as well; lack of desire for my incredibly desirable husband that I waited so long for, hormonal storms, and, in the end, multiple periods each month.

Knowing my condition means that becoming pregnant is going to be hard enough and that we do want children, it seemed like a good idea to just get off the the stuff that messes with the delicate balance God created in women and just let Him decide when He wants to trust us with one of His children.

I have several friends who never did the pill thing and they don't have a million babies because of the lack of birth control.  As a matter of fact, they have found themselves having to "work" to get pregnant which supports the argument that, in a marriage, God will put children in your life when He believes you are ready and will teach you through that child even if you don't think you are.

So yeah, I've got babies on the brain as well.  I'm surrounded by them with my friends and I'm also just waiting to see when God will decide we are ready.

• I've had babies on the brain for the past couple years!  And more so as more and more friends have babies!  But, we just got married in August and want to be married at least a year before a baby, and we're not where we'd like to be financially. (Plus I'm on individual insurance and do not have maternity coverage!!)  It'll be at least a year...so for the time being I enjoy the time with my friends' babies! 
  • My Hubby and I will be together 7 years this year as a couple and we were married last Sept. Being that most of my friends are either pregnant, have a baby, or are trying; it's been on my mind ... a lot. I'm totally ready to have a baby but my husband ... not so much. He's said maybe this Sept. but we shall see. He wants to have kids someday but in all due time.
  • We both love kids and always have babies on the brain, but not really on the brain until I'm done with school and we move to a house.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image BabyFetus Ticker
  • For all those that do want to get pregnant, don't worry about your job, your career, if it's the right time...etc...If you want kids, start trying.  I am speaking from experience.  I kept wanting to do the career thing and I wasn't ready to have kids.  Well we tried for four years, then I finally got pregnant and it ended in a miscarriage.  And I haven't been able to get pregnant since. There will never be the perfect time and if you are in your 30's like me, I wish I didn't put something that means more than anything in this life to me on hold, just because of a job or that we didn't think it was the "right time".  Because face it, a career that you love will never love you in return, but a baby will! I am just trying to save you some of the heartache I am going through!  
  • I totally agee..we need a button that has baby in the brain but waiting to conceive. :o) I'm going to be 38 this year. I have a 21 yr old and I have a 3 yr old both girls. Big gap but parenting is all the same. My hubby and I have been talking about trying for another but we are at the point were we are enjoying our "us" time and thinking about how old we would be before this kid will be out of the house. A little selfish? Maybe, but it's reasonable right? Plus we are in the military so we move around so much and the current house we are in just doesn't have the room for us to grow. Sounds like a lot of excuses, I know. I'm just torn between should we or shouldn't we. I guess that's a good hint that we should wait longer. :o)
  • @KMK2 I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through.
  • We got married July 19, 2009 and he's 5 yrs younger than me and still figuring out his career.  I'm 32 and ready for a baby to but we gotta be financially secure first.  Right? Or should we just do it and figure it out since I'm getting so old?
  • We have a 4 week old now.  Now we are talking about when husband will be getting the big snip so we don't have any more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I definitely agree that there ought to be another option here - Babies on the brain, but waiting to conceive!
  • We just got married in August and we both have babies on the brain.  Would you believe he does more than I do!!  I'm 39 and he is 35 so we didn't want to waste any time.  Tic Toc.  I am glad I waited though because we have traveled, own a home, and both have stable jobs that we have been at for awhile.  Great health insurance, sick time and family leave time if needed.  Plus since our families have waited so long I don't think we will have to buy anything for our child because of the relatives spoiling them and will have an unlimited amount of baby sitters since all of our parents are retired and love babies.  My mom has already commited to one day a week! 
  • We just got married in Sep 09. We have a dog and he is enough responsibility for us right now but still we always think about kids, we both can't wait to be parents. 
  • Babies have definitely been on the brain! We're planning to wait a few years though, as I think we're too young right now to be parents (22 and 23).
  • OMG I couldn't imagine having a baby.  We've been married almost 6 months.  I've got to finish raising my husband before we even think about having a baby.  I'm perfectly content with my "fur babies" aka dogs.
  • Yep, Were PREGNANT!!!!! =)
  • yes i do have babies on the brain specially since all my friends are having more children
  • I really sick of hearing people talk about their children and equally sick of hearing people talk about how they're not wanting children but people keep asking them about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"