2nd Trimester

are you registering for a high chair??

guess I feel kinda greedy doing it, but people do not have to buy it, right??

Re: are you registering for a high chair??

• We'll register for one of the Fisher Price space saver convertible ones. They aren't too pricey and my friend LOVES hers. She'll put her son in it and place it on the counter so he can sit up and watch while she cleans or cooks. It's also nice because high chairs are so bulky and take up a lot of space. But regardless of what you choose, I think most people register for them...seen them often on registries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We registered for one.  If someone buys it, great.  If not, maybe we'll use the completion coupon for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I registered for one that has stages so you can use it for feedings when they are little also. But even before I found that one, I had a regular one on my registry. The way I figure it is if people don't want to buy it for you... then they won't. 
  • I am.  We've got some family members that like to "show off their money" and would feel weird about just buying LO a new dress or something like that.  So...I put lots of big things on my registry that I'm sure will be the first to get "got" LOL.  If we didn't have these kinds of people in our lives, then I probably would've stuck to the smaller stuff, but hey...I'll take it!  LOL
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am not but only because I already own one.

If I didn't, I would.  I don't care about looking greedy.  If you need one, add it to the registry.  In the end if no one buys it you can use a completion coupon on it!

My registry is about me getting myself prepared.  People can buy or don't buy.  In the end I am planning what I will need and figuring out how much it will cost total.

• I am registering for all the big stuff - stroller, infant and convertible car seat, high chair etc., DH works at a huge office and they actually get mad if you don't have some big things on there (lucky for us), but I figure anything we don't get we can get for 10% off, so why not add it on there?!?!
  • I register for everything that I want. Whatever I don't get at the baby shower, I and grandma , will buy on our own. I just wanna make sure I get everything I need and not forget anything important, so put it all on there!! And if some generous person happens to buy it, then that's even better!
  • imagebloverly:
    We'll register for one of the Fisher Price space saver convertible ones. They aren't too pricey and my friend LOVES hers. She'll put her son in it and place it on the counter so he can sit up and watch while she cleans or cooks. It's also nice because high chairs are so bulky and take up a lot of space. But regardless of what you choose, I think most people register for them...seen them often on registries.
    We also chose the Fisher Price Space Saver covertible high chairs. We didn't want a big bulky high chair sitting out all the time. This one is small and compact.
  • imageRiley*sMom:
    imagebloverly:
    We'll register for one of the Fisher Price space saver convertible ones. They aren't too pricey and my friend LOVES hers. She'll put her son in it and place it on the counter so he can sit up and watch while she cleans or cooks. It's also nice because high chairs are so bulky and take up a lot of space. But regardless of what you choose, I think most people register for them...seen them often on registries.
    We also chose the Fisher Price Space Saver covertible high chairs. We didn't want a big bulky high chair sitting out all the time. This one is small and compact.

This. It's not greedy, it's baby gear.

• Yep, all the big things are on there. I wouldn't even consider that one of the most expensive things.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I put it on there.  Like PP said, if people want to buy it they will.  If they don't, there's the completion coupon. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep - I guess the one we picked would be considered pricier - its the Graco all in one - I think it was like $185? Either way its baby gear and I definitely agree with the PP that said to register for anything you need/want because you can always use that 10% off coupon later.
  • It depends on how much other stuff is on my registry I think... If I don't have that many options, I'll probably add a high chair. Like you said, they don't have to buy it if they don't want to.... not like you're registering for a camera or something.
  • imageDaisy41459:
    We registered for one.  If someone buys it, great.  If not, maybe we'll use the completion coupon for it.

My thoughts exactly.

• We have it on our registry.  We are getting a Chicco because you can use it from infant since it reclines on up.  We put every single item we want/need on our registry.  If we don't get certain things, we'll just buy ourselves.  Plus, it helps me not forget everything we think we'll need.
  • We registered for one of those space saver seats that go onto your kitchen chair, rather than a normal high chair. :)

Sara

Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I don't think it's greedy, like PP said, it's baby gear.  As long as there's items across a range of prices, it's fine.

• I did--they're all baby related.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are planning on it:) It's not greedy, it's something you'll use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"