Indiana Babies

Moby wrap?

I'm planning to buy an item off our registry today with a 20% off coupon. Just trying to decide what to get.

I think I remember that the moby wrap was recommended from the newborn/early infant age, correct?
Is it quick and easy to put on?

I have a hot sling already. Is the moby what you would get for the earlier age?

Re: Moby wrap?

• Once you get good at it, it is easy, but no, it is not quick!  I had to watch YouTube to learn how to use it.  But honestly it is so worth the effort!
  • imageshauna060708:
    Once you get good at it, it is easy, but no, it is not quick!  I had to watch YouTube to learn how to use it.  But honestly it is so worth the effort!

this exactly. SO worth it.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would get the Moby for the newborn stage.  I like my Hotsling now for the hip carry, but didn't like it at all during the newborn stage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think color choice would be the hardest part in choosing the Moby! I've been envying new moms out-and-about with them.  Sleeping positions look so natural for baby, good for swaddling, too, I've heard.  I have seen many reviews online that suggest it's hard to get a hang of the wrapping, though.
  • imagemnlindiana:
    I think color choice would be the hardest part in choosing the Moby! I've been envying new moms out-and-about with them.  Sleeping positions look so natural for baby, good for swaddling, too, I've heard.  I have seen many reviews online that suggest it's hard to get a hang of the wrapping, though.

There's definitely a learning curve but it seems like so many women give up too quickly! It takes me maybe 60 seconds max to put mine on. Love it. In fact, now I want to use it tonight - it's been a while!

• I got one for Christmas and I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm excited about it!  The woman at a boutique I went to said that "if I were stranded on a desert island with my baby and could only have one carrier, it would be the moby."  Then she said if she had to choose a 2nd it would be an ergo or beco.  So I definitely think you should go for it!

GL picking a color!  I was glad that mine was given as a gift so that I didn't have to choose!

• imageCiaoBella07:

I got one for Christmas and I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm excited about it!  The woman at a boutique I went to said that "if I were stranded on a desert island with my baby and could only have one carrier, it would be the moby."  Then she said if she had to choose a 2nd it would be an ergo or beco.  So I definitely think you should go for it!

I'd agree with that, Jocelyn!

• Once I got the hang of it, I loved it.  I felt like I didn't use it for a while though because by the time I got her in it, it was time to pump again.  Now that I'm pumping every 3 hours, I use it a lot more often and I'll probably start using it on errands now. 
  • oooh, so glad you asked this! I was contemplating getting one this time...now I am for sure!
  • imageNDwife07:

imageshauna060708:
    Once you get good at it, it is easy, but no, it is not quick!  I had to watch YouTube to learn how to use it.  But honestly it is so worth the effort!

this exactly. SO worth it.

Ditto.  I didn't have mine when DS #1 was a newborn, but I've used it a TON with DS #2.  It was fantastic during the newborn stage!

Sara :)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"