2nd Trimester
Options

Hardening in the Tummy?

My tummy will harden and soften throughout the day.  By the end of the day my bump is generally pretty hard.  It comes and goes. 

My DH was talking with one of his friends and the guy told him that the hardening is contractions.  His wife has had several kids and apparently they were told that they are contractions.  

Does anyone know anything about it? 

ETA: It doesn't really hurt...it just happens.

Re: Hardening in the Tummy?

• Options
    Braxton Hicks contractions.  They are harmless.
  • Options

I think it's probably harder because you are full at the end of the day. At least that's how it is with me. I think you would feel contractions if that was the case.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked my doc about this at my last appt and he said they were contractions.
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Options
    I'm like that too where it's generally harder at the end of the day. BH contractions (I'm assuming) don't last for long periods of time like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLinds&Chris777:
    Braxton Hicks contractions.  They are harmless.

This.

• Options
    Yea it happens to me to... I dont think they are BH, I think its just bloat that makes your belly feel hard.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    There contractions.  Some days I get them through out the day other days I don't get them at all. I had them one night and they wouldn't stop and ended up in the hospital on the monatior. They ended up giving me a shot of something to stop them. Make sure your drinking plenty of water through out the day. Not enough water can set them off. Thats what happened to me.  My dr. told me more than 4 per hour to call. Just let your dr. no that your having them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yea its Braxton Hicks. Should be painless, some say they actually start to happen like 2 weeks after conception, but we usually cant be felt until a lot later in the pregnancy. My BIL actually saw my Braxton Hicks happening (saw my tummy tighting and relaxing)  and pointed it out to me and I was only about 3 months along. He asked me if I was goin into labor lol
  • Options
    Sounds like BH's HOWEVER, if you're getting more than 3 or 4 per hour, pee, drink a cup of water, and lay down on your left side.  If they do not stop and you're still getting more than 3-4 per hour, you should be checked.  Even if they do not hurt, they still could be working contractions if you're not doing anything to aggravate them (such as walking around or being stressed).  It can be caused by dehydration as well, so drink up.
  • Options
    It's maybe once every couple hours so sounds like I'm fine.  I didn't realize they were BH.  I guess I always assumed they would hurt.  Now I know!  Smile  Thanks to everyone for helping me understand!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"