2nd Trimester

2nd time moms question

Did your water break on its own or did the doctor do it?  I am just wondering because a couple people I know said their water never broke on its own.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd time moms question

• My OB broke my water the first time and the second time it broke on it's own but both times I was well into labor before that happened.  I'm thinking it was when I was around 7 or 8 cm dilated.
  • The dr did it but I was induced 2 weeks after my due date.
  • Loading the player...
  • Both times my water broke on it's own.  1st time it didn't break until I reached 7 cm.  The 2nd time is broke several hours before contractions started, but it was more of a slow trickle throughout the day.
  • Mine broke on it's own but I was at the hospital.  They had just gotten me checked in to be induced, got in my room, I changed in to my gown and went to the bathroom and that's when it happened.  I was glad I was there because I probably would have been at work otherwise!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine broke on its own, at 38 weeks, 3am, while I was sleeping.
  • One time it broke on it's own before I was in labor... the next time I labored a long time without it breaking- they wanted to break it to move things along- but I resisted and it finally broke on it's own and when my baby was born he was like a little otter who surfed out on a wave of water.
  • I had pPROM (pre-term premature rupture of membranes) at 36 weeks so yes, my water broke on it's own.
  • i went into labor and dialated to 1.5 cm on my own, my OB then broke my water and things went along smoothly. They gave me pitocin for a little but Ds's heart wasnt handling it so they took me off and I still contracted well without it. So breaking my water helped a lot. 

I know only two people who recently had babies who had their water break on their own. 

• I was already in the hospital on bedrest. ?I started having contractions, and when the doctor came in to check me, I was already dialated to an 8, so he went ahead and broke my water.
  • i had mine break at 4 cm, and then not even ten mins later i was fully dialated and pushed DD out in 45mins :D I'm really hoping my water breaks on it's own this time, that would be soo cool to experience that! lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnant image,image,image,image
  • imageluckygirl13:
    Mine broke on it's own but I was at the hospital. 

Same here. I was admitted to the hospital for an induction, but my water broke on its own before they could start pitocin.

Hawaii
  • My water broke on its own.  I didn't have any contractions until 4 hours later. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my second my water broke at 36 weeks.
  • The nurse checked me and said I was complete and ready to start pushing....that is when it broke.  My DD was born about 3 pushes later.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • My water broke on it's own 2 weeks before me due date and that was the only sx of labor I had had at that point (not sure I was even dialated at that point).  I think I read somewhere that only 30% of women's water spontaneously break (I'm guessing they mean before active labor).
  • The doctor broke mine. I hope it breaks on it's own this time. I want to experience that!
  • My doctor broke mine, I was in early labor at 4 cm 100% effaced stuck there for awhile - so she broke my water and started her on pitocin.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • My labor nurse accidentally broke mine when she was checking my progress....I was 10cm and  on hour 21, still took 2+ hours of pushing after that. 
  • My water never broke with DS. They broke it b/c they were thinking the "bag" may have been blocking the opening of the uterus (and I was having contractions.) They will break the water for you if it doesn't go on its own. They just lance it, you don't feel it. No big deal. 
  • Mine broke on it's own.

I had been contracting/laboring for about 40hrs by the time it did and DD was born a short 15 hours later, lol. 

• My water broke at 2 a.m. on my due date (I was sleeping). Contractions didn't really kick in for several hours after that.
  • Mine broke on it's own, but I'm the only one of my friends (through about 10 pregnancies) who I've had that happen to.  The rest had it broken at the hospital.
    Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was induced at 38 weeks (pre-e) and the doctor broke my water. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• the dr broke mine. 
  • My MW broke it unintentionally while checking me when I was at the hospital in labor.
  • My doctor broke my water, but thats because I induced due to pre-e.
  • With my first, my water broke on its own while we were out for supper.  Labour started about five minutes later.  For my second, the doctor broke it, and DD2 arrived about 15 mins later.
  • Mine broke on it's own and 3 weeks early.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"