1st Trimester

No Morning Sickness at almost 10 weeks

Hi, I know some of you might hate to read this but I am just about 10 weeks along and have had no morning sickness and only 1 small bout of naseau.  Don't get me wrong I am totally grateful, but I just wanted to see if I am really that abnormal!?

Thanks Ladies,

Re: No Morning Sickness at almost 10 weeks

• My mom said that she never had morning sickness.  I hope I got that gene. 

I think it is totally normal for some women not to get morning sickness.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Normal. I never got it either.
  • Loading the player...
  • My mother tells me that she can count on one hand the number of times she threw up during her four pregnancies combined.

My sister threw up once with my niece and not at all with my nephew.

I have not gotten sick yet, *knocks on wood*

BUT, they both had terrible heartburn, and I've already had it a couple of times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had bouts of nausea, especially in the afternoon, but never got sick. And it never prevented me from functioning completely normally.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lots of women don't get m/s.  Consider yourself lucky.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • same  here...and I am not complaining...i am 11 weeks today never threw up or came close to it.  I am very thankful

• Consider yourself lucky. I'm 10 weeks, and have been nauseous almost constantly for the past 4 weeks. Haven't actually thrown up tho. *knocks on wood*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I posted this on the September boards this morning too.  I am just 10 weeks and am feeling back to normal.. and have not had many symptoms this whole time.  It does make me worried, but hoping everything is ok.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Nope, not abnormal and BE HAPPY!. With DS, I  didnt have it. My pregnancy was awesome. I was very luck and so are you ! Enjoy it! IHopefully, this pregnancy will be the say (GULP, we'll see)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know more women IRL who didn't puke all the time in early pregnancy than did. Most women I know had nausea of some sort, though...

I think the women who feel awful are more likely to post (bc who needs support when they're feeling pretty okay?).

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I haven't had any morning sickness either (and hopefully won't!).  My twin sister never had it when she was pregnant.  I don't think it's abnormal at all.
  • I haven't had any morning sickness.
  • Never had it with my first but I started having it with this pregnancy around week 5 (my mom never had it with any of her 2 pregnancies)
  • I never had any.
  • I have had a few episodes of nausea, especially in the late afternoon...but nothing like my last 2 pregnancies!!  I'm ECSTATIC to be feeling pretty okay...not "normal" but pretty darn okay for the first trimester! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"