2nd Trimester

My wedding ring won't come off!

I don't take it off too much, but wanted to put some lotion on my hands and tried to take it off and it is stuck!  Even after lubing it up with super thick lotion Indifferent

I think that when I can (IF I can) get it off it will need to stay off for the time being :(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: My wedding ring won't come off!

• Try soap & water (with a drain plug in)

• Last pregnancy I ended up wearing them on a necklace.  My mom bought me a ring to wear for when it happens again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked in jewlery for three years try Windex. I know it sounds weird but it works! but you might be swollen from pulling so much already so hang your hand in the freezer for a few minutes first. Good Luck
  • Yeah, try to get your hands cold and then take them off. I had to say goodbye to my engagement ring this week, but the wedding band still fits for now. Keeping rings off is a good idea when they get too snug. You don't want them to have to cut it off!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I am beginning to get that way :)
  • Try threading some dental floss or thread under the ring and then wrapping tightly (but not painfully) up to your knuckle.  Once you're wrapped to the knuckle start to unwind the thread from the end closest to your hand
  • I tried cold water, and dish soap but I think I have swelled it up more by trying.  I will have to try the Windex idea later!  Weird though, I know the other day I was twisting it around and stuff, it felt like it would come off just fine.
  • I'd let it be for a few hours, then cold water to unswell the swelling as much as possible & windex or butter.  And you have the right idea w/ keeping it off.  My dr said people who test that theory often have to have the ring cut off & that is no good.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Luckily I took mine off before the swelling got too bad. But I still had to soap my hand up in a cold shower with Olay body wash to get it off. I asked my DH if he could get me another ring (cheap) just for when Im PG since I know this isnt goin to be the only PG, but alas he hasnt. So instead I am wearing my gold dolphin ring...its the only ring I have thats big enough!! And sometimes the fins still dig in!

Tell ya what though it killed me to take it off, cause thanks to having PCOS and gaining so much weight its been four years since I was able to wear my wedding band set, and last year was the first year Id lost a significant amount of weight (thanks to a severe cold) to where the rings fit! **tears**

• Elevate your hand above the level of your heart for a bit to reduce swelling, ice, cold water, baby oil and even maybe some hemhorroid cream to shrink the tissues!
  • Mine are getting tight, too, but I found that when I use conditioner in the shower, they slip right off.  Try conditioner and cold water. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It isn't budging :(  CRAP! 
  • imageAllieJean:
    I worked in jewlery for three years try Windex. I know it sounds weird but it works! but you might be swollen from pulling so much already so hang your hand in the freezer for a few minutes first. Good Luck

WINDEX!! Its what they use in the ER, which I know from funny personal experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"