2nd Trimester

Ultrasound results

Had my big ultrasound today!  Everything went good....it's a boy!!  =D

Also, they said the baby is measuring one week ahead...so according to them, the due date is July 4th, not July 10th....but it is up to my doctor to change the due date.  Have any of you had your due date changed?  Do you think he will change mine?  I hope he does just because I actually wanted my due date to be July 4th! haha

Also, they have to measure the spine again because the baby was all curled up when she tried to get the measurements.  So...that means....another ultrasound in two weeks!  Yay!  =)

Re: Ultrasound results

• Yay! Glad baby's doing good! My due date also "technically" changed a couple of times, if you look at the baby's measurements at every scan, but my doctor said he'll keep my due date the same as it's only an estimated date. Unless you're having a C-section scheduled for the 4th, your due date will probably not be that day... My doula told me that most babies delivered normal, don't come on the day... As long a baby's happy and healthy!! :o)
  • I measured a week ahead at my 20 week u/s and the Doc told me that the original due date that they gave me at the first u/s, which was around 7 weeks, is the correct date.  He said the u/s at 7 weeks are more accurate and that is what they go by. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageaurore22j:

I measured a week ahead at my 20 week u/s and the Doc told me that the original due date that they gave me at the first u/s, which was around 7 weeks, is the correct date.  He said the u/s at 7 weeks are more accurate and that is what they go by. 

Yeah, this.  I measured over a week ahead at my 12 week ultrasound and my MW used that measurement, combined with the fact that she felt the baby kicking at the next appointment (which she thought indicated that I was farther along than I thought) to change my due date.  She said that any subsequent ultrasounds would just indicate whether the baby was "big for its age" or "small for its age."  So, according to my m/w, she won't change the due date after that first u/s.

ETA:  Congrats on the great ultrasound!!!

• With my first he measured 8 days ahead, they never changed it. They are of the thought that baby will come when he's ready. So it doesnt matter about due dates really (if they are off by more than 9 days they change it)

fwiw he came 5 days early. 

this baby is measuring that Im sue june 25 and not the 21, but they kept it the 21. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He measured about a week ahead on tuesday but the doc said they wouldn't change my due date. 
  • Congratulations and welcome to team blue!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your little boy! When I was pregnant with my first child, I really wanted a July 4th baby! But I figured with a July 27th due date, it would never happen. Go figure, he ended up coming on July 4th. lol
    Hawaii
  • Yes, when I went for mine a few weeks ago I was 21 weeks exactly but the baby was measuring 21wks 6days. He also weighed 1lb 1oz which is bigger than the 9oz average for babies at that gestation. She said it was nothing to worry about. Guess we're just having a big boy!
  • I've been measuring about five days behind with this baby, and the doc. has not changed my due date (mentally, I have but oh well).

Congrats!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • after I had my big u/s they changed mine by 2 days.  Then I saw my doc and she said go by what she told me originally. She said at this point, which for me is halfway, I'm 20 weeks today, she said that at this point the day will flexuate about 12 days. (bad speller sorry)

July 4th would be awesome!! That's what I'm hoping for too... my due date is July 8th! :D

Congrats on a boy!!! We are still in shock and excitement that we are having a girl!! 

Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"