3rd Trimester

underwear questions

I'm ordering some nursing bras, nightgowns, and a robe for my hospital bag. Now I just need to choose some underwear but I'm not sure what kind I need. Is any brief good enough, or do they need to be full-blown "granny panties"? I obviously don't care what they look like, as long as they are comfortable. I'm just thinking they will probably need to be big enough for the big pads, and in case I end up with a c-section, maybe they should be high-rise, as not to irritate the incision? I saw some that go almost all the way up to the belly button, but wasn't sure if that was unnecessarily high. I'm probably over-thinking this lol, but I figured I'd ask before I place my order. I have only worn thongs for the past 10 years, so I'm a little confused in this department.

Re: underwear questions

• I bought these fold over ones at motherhood maternity.  They came in a three pack and are kind of cute.  
  • You will wear the mesh ones the first few days but let me tell you granny panties will be the most comfortable afterwards....your incision will be low so if you have underwear that hit there it will not be comfortable.  I seriously have worn thongs for the last ten years too and I bought the most comfortable biggest underwear and I absolutely was so happy that I did...because they fit the pads and they did not bother my incision.  This is obviously my opinion and only if you have a csection. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually wear bikini style underwear but i bought low-rise briefs (which, in all reality. . aren't that low rise. . they still come a tad higher than the bikinis) But the reason i bought them is because i have a whole lotta junk-in-the-trunk andthe big ole pads will fit better in the briefs than the bikinis for me personally. I would say its a personal preference
  • Thanks for the tips, ladies. I appreciate it!
  • imageLeah&Jack:
    I would say that whatever you are comfortable wearing now, you will be comfortable wearing after. I didn't have to buy anything new for pregnancy, this time or last.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up skipping the robe and nightgown and just ordering the nursing bras for now. I'll just pick up a pack of underwear at Target next time we're out.

• I had an unplanned csection so I was glad to have granny panties :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I think it's unfair to assume that nursing PJs would be a waste of money for everyone. I am currently unemployed and spend a great deal of time in PJs. I have bought several pairs of very cute and comfy nursing PJs on eBay, and am very pleased that I have them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"