3rd Trimester

Weekend plans-cancelled!

So DH just told me he decided to cancel our weekend plans to go out of town. It's about 2-2 1/2hrs away. It is supposed to snow a couple of inches...AGAIN! Also supposted to be 35-45MPH winds....so now we aren't going. I know he wants to be safe, but I was looking forward to getting out of town....What to do now?

Re: Weekend plans-cancelled!

• Sorry to hear about that!  It would have been nice to get away.  My weekend plans have also been cancelled.  I was supposed to go home for my baby shower, but my flight was cancelled I can't get on another until next week.  The worst part is my first baby shower was also cancelled because of our December snowstorm and I was stuck at the airport for 2 days.  I'm 0/2 on baby showers :-(
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This sounds so silly but every once and a great while DH and I pull the mattress and boxspring off of our bed and set it up in the living room. we move the couches out of the way.

We pick out a ton of movies and stock the fridge. We camp out in the living room like a couple of little kids. there is just something "different" about sleeping out there and it feels a little special. it doesn't compare to a weekend out of town but on a rainy or snowy weekend... it's so relaxing and great bonding time.

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe go to a B&B in a neighboring town or in your own town?  Our own babymoon will be at my uncles house since they will be gone for the weekend and need cat sitting. 
  • imagewed23:
    Sorry to hear about that!  It would have been nice to get away.  My weekend plans have also been cancelled.  I was supposed to go home for my baby shower, but my flight was cancelled I can't get on another until next week.  The worst part is my first baby shower was also cancelled because of our December snowstorm and I was stuck at the airport for 2 days.  I'm 0/2 on baby showers :-(

I think you ahev me beat on this one...I think NO more snow!!!

• Like PP said, could you do a night at a B and B or a nice hotel closer by?  DH and I do that sometimes, it is a nice reprieve from all the distractions that can spring up when you are at home!
    Pg#1- Benjamin born 2/22/10
    Pg#2 BFP 11/2010... chemical pregnancy late 11/2010
    Pg#3 BFP 02/2011...missed m/c 3/2011
    Pg#4 Adalynne born 5/12/12
    Pg#5 BFP 12/2012....chemical pregnancy 1/2012
    Pg#6 BFP 11/14/12....chemical pregnancy 11/2012
    Pg#7 BFP 2/3/14... loss after a heartbeat and D&C 3/2014
    Pg#8 BFP 9/1/15...waiting to see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"