3rd Trimester

Shower today and tomorrow and still full registry

My work shower is today and my family/ friends shower is tomorrow and there is hardly anything removed from my registry. Sad I'll appreciate anything we get, but being that this is our first, we need so much. We've been putting off shopping until after the showers to see what we'll need to buy, but at this point it looks like we're going to have to buy everything ourselves. I can't help but feel overwhelmed.

Re: Shower today and tomorrow and still full registry

• My shower is next weekend and nothing is taken off our registry. I am hoping when it gets closer people will buy off that too. I hate to be greedy but there are specific things that we need. That is the whole reason we create registries people! hehhe....

Maybe they got you gift cards from there though! I think that is what a few people are doing from mine.

• I wouldnt worry about it;  lots of people wait until last minute.  I know that my work (for DD) took a collection and got me a nice gift card to BRU (it was just easier for them than to buy things off the registry plus I worked w/lot of people so it was a nice big gc)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I noticed a lot of people got us clothes.. and if they got stuff off of the registry, they either forgot to tell the person, or bought it the day of the shower.. Also got a lot of gift cards... So even though not much of my stuff on my registry was marked as purchased the day before my shower, I still got a *TON* of stuff.. And everyone included gift receipts, so I was able to take some things back and get what I wanted :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm having the same issue. :(
    Mr. & Mrs. O: Est. 6/27/2009, Jacob Ryan 3/3/2010, Owen Matthew 8/14/2012!
    :::In My Life, I've Loved You More:::
    CHARTS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't worry things will start to come off and hopefully if you get something you don't like or to much of one thing hopefully they will give a gift receipt so you can exchange it. Also, keep in mind a lot of people go shopping last minute and sometimes even though they used the registry they didn't have it taken off of it. Have fun and enjoy those showers! You will get great things.
  • Don't get discouraged yet.  A lot of my stuff never came off my registry.  I had to go in later and mark it as received myself.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My "big family" shower was mainly clothes.  Now, I won't complain, a cousin brought me 2 large Rubbermaid tubs full of 0-12m clothes.  I'm set for a year!  But we didn't get much from our registry, aside from a bobby, humidifier, and little things (pacifiers, bottles, diaper pins, mittens, etc.).

I have 2 more showers left and nothing has budged from the registry.  When co-workers ask me what I need I direct them to my registry and tell them I am all set on clothes.

My mom did get our PNP, but not the one from our registry.  Target clearance.  No biggie, but I specifically said we don't want overly girly colors for furniture in case the next is a boy.  She got a pink on pink on pink PNP  Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hopefully you'll get a lot of gift cards!!! I know how you feel though, I was talking to my friend about this the other day and she said when she was pregnant she only got two things off of her registry!! CRAZY! That's why we make them people!

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• Don't get too worried.  In my experience (based on when we registered for our wedding) a lot of people don't mark things on the registry as purchased.  They'll buy off of it but then forget to tell the cashier to mark it off on there (or forget to do it themselves when they get home).

Look at the bright side, you could be in my position where you don't even know if you'll have a shower!!  We've been putting off shopping because people told us to save things for the shower but no one has mentioned anything about a shower to either of us!

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Nobody bought anything off of our registries.  They all bought stuff that was "cute" or they thought we needed.  What's the point?

Just hope they give you receipts.  Return stuff and get what you really need.

• While most of what we *did* get off our registery came off the night before shower, we spent the next day at BRU pretty much buying our entire registery :(
  • People procastinate, check again tomorrow morning.

I wish I knew if I'm having a shower :(

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • Yeah... I am afraid of this happening to me too.  DH's side of the family is weird about that stuff.  For my bridal shower, my MIL was complaining about how everybody wanted to buy something off the registry so she had to go and pick up something little from everyone! I said why don't you just go in on one big gift! Oh, because apparently its no fun for me that way because I won't have as much to unwrap! What am I 5 at Christmas?  And then she doesn't even end up buying us anything off the registry herself! grrr...
  • Sorry, but its pretty common.  My best friend had a family shower where she got literally nothing off her registry.  Only at her friends shower did she get anything--and there were still only like 3 of us that got her things off of it. 

If you are worried about expenses, I'd start checking out craigslist and all the consignment sales that are coming up here in the next month or so (we've got alot coming up in our area anyways).  I've been able to get everything I want that way--haven't had to compromise and get products I didn't want.  Baby products are hardly used since they grow out of them so quickly, and you can always clean things up perfectly! 

• imageBBachmann:
    Don't get discouraged yet.  A lot of my stuff never came off my registry.  I had to go in later and mark it as received myself.

Me too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Am I the only one who didn't look at my registry to see what people bought before the shower?  I wanted to be surprised. 

• For my shower we got very little from our registry. It's somewhat frustrating. I'm thrilled with the fact that we got anything, but now we have to go have a major shopping trip. I just hope I get my completion coupon soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I know how you feel!  My baby shower is next week and only 3 things have been bought of my registries.  I really really need some of those things but a few family members have told me that they don't 'do' registries and would like to know what I really needed personally without some 'list' telling them...I told them that gift cards would do since obviously they don't get that that is what the stupid registry is for! I feel your pain!
  • imagevioletblue72:

Am I the only one who didn't look at my registry to see what people bought before the shower?  I wanted to be surprised. 

I'm not going to either.  But I have been shopping for months rather than relying on people to get my registry stuff (based on my experiences with this for my wedding), so I have very little "need' stuff as opposed to "wants" on there. 

• imagevioletblue72:

Am I the only one who didn't look at my registry to see what people bought before the shower?  I wanted to be surprised. 

I've wondered this too, actually.  I haven't looked at all.  Granted, I have no idea if I'm even having a shower, but if I am, they obviously want it to be a surprise.  If I see things being bought on my reg, I'd know something was up plus I wouldn't be surprised when opening the gifts.

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • a lot of people forget to have the registry scanned when they check out.  I was "registry managing" every day practically.  We got a lot of duplicates because things didnt look bought. 

Or they look at your registry and buy elsewhere (where it may be cheaper)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a shower last weekend and only a few things came off the registry. I got mostly clothes, one gift card, and a few registry things (diaper bag, boppy, sleep sack, swing.) That was a family shower though; I have another one next weekend with my in-law's family that I don't know as well. I'm hoping they stick to the registry a little more because I'm pretty set on newborn clothes now. So far no one has bought off the registry for it though. =/
  • imageChristinaD09:
    imagevioletblue72:

I'm not going to either.  But I have been shopping for months rather than relying on people to get my registry stuff (based on my experiences with this for my wedding), so I have very little "need' stuff as opposed to "wants" on there. 

This.  My parents bought our furniture and we bought our glider and travel system.  The very few "needs" we will take care of if we don't get at a shower.  Most of the items we registered for are "wants".

Heather

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"