Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Mommies, I need some bottle recommendations....

I am registerring on Saturday and I would love it if you would recommend he bottle brand you've loved or problems you've experienced. We are shooting for EBF, so we won't need that many bottles. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mommies, I need some bottle recommendations....

• I would get one or 2 different brands (1-2 bottles of each) because you never know what bottle your LO will take.

DS was easy and we went with Playtex Drop-in's. DD, not so much. We tried several different brand before we found one she would take. 

GL!

• I currently am using the Nuk bottles, they work great and DD has never had problem with nipple confusion.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have experinace with Playtex Drop Ins. They are amazing and i would deff. recomend them.
  • I EBF but had 1 of every bottle out there to try in case he needed it. The breastflow bottles are the ONLY ones he will take. They resemble the breast the best and only have one additional part so not all complicated. You can get them at Target
  • My DS likes Playtex Drop-In's and Vent Aire which I think is by Playtex also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I EBF'd we used Breastflow bottles and she took them really well. Then she got really gassy. Tried Avent, hated them. Tried Playtex Dropins and they made her gas worse. Now we use Dr. Browns and Ventaire and love them.

• I use Dr. Brown's and really like them.  They do have a lot of pieces that are kind of a pain to clean.  That's the only downfall.

• I EBF and we give our LO one or two bottles daily since I go back to work in March.  Anyways, we tried madela and avent and LO took them but made her acid reflux act up worse.  Then we tried breastflow, and my LO refused to eat more than an ounce from them.  So we tried Dr. Browns and so far we LOVE them.  Every baby is different, but Dr. Browns reduces her spit up which means that her acid reflux doesn't flare up as much when she eats from a bottle.  GL!  Every LO is different so you  may have to try several brands before you find the "right" one.

• I EBF and we really like the Born Free bottles.  DD will also take the avents with no problem.  

I highly agree with the pp's that suggest registering for several types - had a good friend who's LO went through about all the major brands before deciding on a nipple he'd use and she'd registered and received a ton of Avents...

• I thought I was going to be an EBF but medical issues lead me to having to stop BF and switch to formula :( We tried the Playtex drop in and the caused me LO to be gassy.  They were the only bottles I registered for.  Then we tried Avent and they leaked no matter what we tried.  Now we use Born Free and are very happy with them. I would definitely register for several types so you don't end up having to buy bottle you don't use like we did.
  • we tried all of them except for Dr. Brown (didn't want to clean all the parts if I didn't have to) We finally settled on Born Free and love them!
    Follow me at: Nell's Niche as I tackle working-at-home, raising babies, making my life a little more eco-friendly, organized, and healthy one sleep deprived day at a time! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love the Medela slow flo bottles with wide base nipples. I've tried Avent, Evenflo, and Born Free and didn't like any of these. Medela are our favorite!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dr Browns--used them w/DD and will again w/this LO.  Had no problems w/gas or colic and friends have reported the same w/their kids;  there are extra parts to clean but its no biggie--I just either put them in a basket in the dishwasher or soaked them in the sink.  Never had a problem w/leaking (we have the glass ones) and never tried another type on DD--she took to them fine (she was BF'd but we had to supplement about a month in)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • breastflow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"