2nd Trimester
Options

Breast leakage...

I am 22 weeks and my left breast has started leaking clear fluid today. Is that pretty normal even though I am not very far along? I keep hearing they will leak between 30-38 weeks?

Re: Breast leakage...

• Options

Mine started last night. I think its a normal. And I've read some women can have it during the first trimester. I think as the other symptoms, it varies from pregnant woman to pregnant woman.

But be careful, if you read my post about it...my whole front of my shirt was covered last night...ugh. So I went and bough some lasinoth breast pads.

• Options
    Yes, it happens.  Mine have been leaking enough to crust over for weeks now.  I am still waiting for the flood gates to open.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol, I have been cleaning house all day and just wearing a sports bra, and I was like what did I spill on myself? And so I rubbed it with a towel and about 5 minutes later.. wa lah.. more.. then it kinda dawned on me that I wasn't a crazy cluts, that my boobs were leaking! lol
  • Options

its normal.. Just more popular later in pregnancy.. Im 18 weeks preggy with my first child and my left breast was leaking when I was just 12 weeks.

• Options
    Yep. Mine have been leaking since 17 weeks. I wear breast pads daily, and have to drain them every night or else my nips itch. Sometimes it shoots out like a squirt gun.
  • Options
    so its okay if they havent started yet. im going on my 25th week and havent had any leaking yet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yep, normal...I had to ask my dr.  I started leaking at 21 wks. and also read that it was only common in the 3rd tri.  The dr. said it's perfectly fine and it happens at different stages for different women.  She said a tighter fitting bra may alleviate it some, otherwise to wear pads.  I'm only having leaking at night when braless so I guess I'll have to deal or go get a sleeping bra.

TTC since 05 :( Dh diagnosed with azoospermia. Unsuccessful reconstructive surgery in 07-08. IVF w/ ICSI #1: BFP! 1 strong heartbeat and 1 lost twin @ 2nd U/S...bittersweet Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have started leaking already as well, and I asked my doctor about it. Like pp said, she said its completely normal and actually a good sign that I shouldn't have any trouble at all bfeeding. HTH!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just asked my doctor today about this and its normal. I was leaking at 2 weeks! It never really stopped after my first even though I never breast fed.
  • Options

imagehaleyjean84:
    I have started leaking already as well, and I asked my doctor about it. Like pp said, she said its completely normal and actually a good sign that I shouldn't have any trouble at all bfeeding. HTH!!

ooo..that's good to know!  I just noticed some the other day, and today I read a little bit on it...they suggested nursing pads or cut up panty liners to be placed in your bra, if needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    mine have been leaking at night for the last few weeks.  some nights more than others and sometimes it is one and other times it is both.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"