Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Win a Philosophy "Mom Essentials" Tote (5 winners!)

Hi Bumpies, I have a fantastic sweeps to share with you that will make you feel great!

Tell us something you do to pamper yourself (for example, I spend at least 5 mins giving myself a foot rub with lotion every morning), and 5 lucky winners will get this fabulous Mom Essentials Tote by Philosophy (a $125 value)!

Click here for a larger view.

Official rules (sweeps ends 2/14)

Click here to view bag details!

Re: Win a Philosophy "Mom Essentials" Tote (5 winners!)

• I have hubbs run me a nice bath with all of my "calming" lavender bath stuff, a million candles to light up the room and tub, and I play my relaxation music and try not to drown from falling asleep! It's wonderful and that reminds me that I need to do it more often!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Every night, I make a cup of tea & sit down with dessert to either read or write.

More pampering of the soul than the body :)

• Loading the player...
  • My husband is in National Guard and since I work night the friday of his drill LO stays with my MIL. I either go to a late movie after work or take a bath, just do something for me.
    imageimage
  • I take a long bath once a week while DH watches the baby!
  • Every evening before LO knocks out for the night, I run the bath water, soak and just review the day. 
  • I get a much needed Massage...very relaxing.

• Every weekend, DH watches LO while I go out to lunch with my mom. Afterwards we go to Barnes & Noble, get coffee and browse the books.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i splurge on fabulous lotion/body cream and slather it on every morning after my shower. 
  • I take a long soak in a hot bath with a good book after DD goes to bed at least 3 nights a week.
  • Once a week I put on my at home mud mask and paint my nails. It's only about 10 minutes of pampering but it goes a long way throughout the week!
  • Once a week after DS goes to bed, DH relaxes by watching tv and checks on DS and I take a long hot shower, then give myself a mini pedicure.  If I have time, I also give myself a manicure.  It is 30 minutes of peace!

• I take a bubble bath and read one of my books next to the tub. Pretty much the only chance I get to read!
  • Bathtime with my fav magazine!
  • In the evenings, DH has quality time with LO while I go do whatever I want.

Usually, I take a bath and listen to my Ipod.  Sometimes I'll read, browse online, catch up on TV shows, whatever I feel like. 

• My hubby works M-F and I am a SAHM of two boys under 3. So on Sunday mornings my hubby gets up with the boys and lets me sleep in an extra hour or two. That extra sleep once a week is so refreshing!

• I get a pedicure every two weeks...  pedicured feet are happy feet! and happy feet means a happy momma!
  • As soon as DH gets home from work in the evening, I go to the bathroom by myself and with the door closed! It may not sound much like pampering to some, but to me it's a well-deserved and much-needed mini break before we start dinner, baths, and bedtime routines!

• I always spend an extra five minutes cuddling with my baby each morning.
  • I go to Target every Saturday and browse while drinking a Starbuck's coffee.
  • Once every few weeks I go to the salon with my girlfriends to get mani/pedis. Divine!

• I wake up a half hour early in the morning and take a bath before work. It helps me relax before I have to set into motion the crazy day that is ahead.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• I hate shaving!  So to pamper myself I buy expensive shave cream from Slumber Parties or Pure Romance so it won't seem like such a chore.  It almost feels like a trip to the spa afterwards.  (Almost.)
  • There are several things I do to pamper myself, but the 2 best are:

1) I stretch EVERY night before bed. This may not sound like pampering, but it is increasing my flexibility, loosening my muscles from tension, and (the best part) helping me get better SLEEP every night. I wasn't sleeping well in the beginning, and now I'm pretty much sleeping through the night (minus those darn potty breaks!), so I'd say stretching is pampering to the max!

and 2) Back rubs. My DH gives THE BEST back rubs. So when I feel the need for one, I ask! He never says no. I try not to ask too much, but I know he wants me to feel great. And no asking = no getting! So I ask for my back rubs! 

Cheers!

• boots body butter every night, i love the scent and my skin feels better when i take a minute to do this.  i also get mani/pedis every 8 weeks or so when i get my hair cut!
  • I get a pedicure every 2 weeks.  It's hard to pull myself away from little one sine I work full time, but the me time helps. 

• I have an incredibly long commute of 3-4 hours a day so when I get home at night after LO goes to bed I get a glass of wine and DH and I talk about our days together.  It's relaxing and refreshing and allows us to connect rather than rushing to get things ready for the next day.
  • Once a week, I get together with my best friend and we go out for manicures, then we head to our favorite Mexican restaurant for margaritas & tapas.  I couldn't think of a better way to pamper myself and relax!
  • I make 'me time' a regularly scheduled event:  I go to the gym three mornings a week before work. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A few nights a week, after DD goes to bed, I'll pour myself a glass of wine and curl up on the couch with my book of choice.  Its one of my favorite times of the day (behind seeing DD after I get home from work).
  • Ok, now I'm jealous.  If I get a shower I consider it pampering myself.
  • I always make my shower my 10 minutes of Bliss a day by letting the water be nice and hot and using the massage setting on the showerhead for at least 2 minutes on my back. I am proud to say I have always gotten a shower since LO's birth, even when I was just home with him all day!
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • I get a mani/pedi once a month.  I also get to sleep in on Sundays, it makes me feel refreshed!
  • I get a massage every 3 weeks and a mani/pedi every 2 weeks.  I am also a lover of bubble baths with a good book!
  • I brush my hair...

HAHAH no just kidding.. well somewhat..

I escape the house get a chai latte and a pedicure :)

• After all the kids are in bed, I soak in a nice warm bubble bath.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • While it may not seem like much but I get up early and take a nice long shower and drink my coffee to get my self ready for the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes I take a bath after giving LO hers...

Or I draw or I paint.

• The very rare times I get a couple minutes to myself I love to take a hot bubble bath, with candles, a glass of my favorite wine and a good book.
  • I love the days when I receive a magazine in the mail.  I set it on the kitchen table, and don't allow myself to even peep inside it until DS is tucked in for the night, dinner is over and cleaned up, and I can curl into the corner of the couch and devour it cover to cover, uninterrupted.

• It's more pampering of a mental pamper but I take some time each night to sip on a beer, read the bump, and blare my iTunes music.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"