3rd Trimester
Options

when did you have your 1st internal?

i am going to be 37wks on Monday and haven't had an internal yet--not that i am complaining b/c with my first son it was soo painful i cried--so i was just wondering about everyone else....

p.s. i am high-risk b/c i have Lupus and go 2x/wk for NST, being watched for pre-e (b/c of history w/ 1st preg), and see my reg dr 1x/wk now, was induced w/ my 1st son @ 37wks

TIA

Re: when did you have your 1st internal?

• Options

I had mine at 36w with my GBS swab.

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• Options
    yesterday...29wks.  But I'm high-risk for preterm labor and have been having lots of contractions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my first one at 36 weeks...same time I had my GBS test.
    ::TTC #2 since April 2010:: Diagnosed: PCOS ~ March 2011, Diagnosed: Mild CAH ~ May 2011, Myomectomy ~ June 2011
  • Options
    I have my first one along with the strep swab thingy sceduled for 36 weeks, right on my birthday.  I know, what a present.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first at 37 weeks.  My doctor decided it wasn't neccessary to do one at 36 weeks.  I am glad he didn't, I was still high and tight at my appointment yesterday!
  • Options

They aren't doing ours until late next week.  Thank Goodness you asked, I was starting to wonder why I hadn't had one yet! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had one at 35 weeks because I had been spotting. Then I had one every week from there on out.
  • Options
    Mine will be on February 16th and I'll be 36 weeks.
  • Options
    doc offered to do one today if i really wanted it but suggested waiting until 38 wks and that was fine by me. 
  • Options
    i had my GBS this past mon @ 36wks but no internal, but i am not having contractions and i am still very high! and prob tight since when i was induced with my 1st son @ 37wks i only dialated to 5cm, if i dont have one until i go in i'd be happy!!!! :-P
  • Options
    imageChrissy-n-Tim:

I had mine at 36w with my GBS swab.

x2

• Options

I had one at 24 weeks due to red spotting. At that point, I was told my cervix was already "really soft" and they ran a FFN which came back negative.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    My practice doesn't do them until 39 weeks apparently, unless I'm "curious" in which case they will do them earlier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What is with this boards obsession with someone sticking their hand in your vagina?

Do we need 12 announcements/questions per day about the same thing?

Go ahead and get mad. I don't care.

• Options
    I'm 38 weeks and haven't had one yet and I don't think that I will be since I'm having a csection in 8 days.  Lucky me! 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A couple days ago @ 36 wks w/ the GBS. 

My midwife said it was my choice and not necessary, but I've been having lots of contractions, so wanted to know where things were at: she's low, soft, thin and 3cm.  

At this practice they will only check you if you ask, it's not routine unless you're high risk.  
  • Options
    I had my first internal just this week at 38 weeks.  It was quick and painless...just a little uncomfortable. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"