3rd Trimester

where will your LO sleep?

Our pack and play has a bassinet attachment that goes in it.  It has support that makes it pretty stable and has a hard mat under the padding.  But I don't believe its an official "co-sleeper" The plan is to set this up next to our bed for the first couple of weeks...I think this is ok? Any experience with this?

Re: where will your LO sleep?

• We are using our pack n play bassinet in our bedroom for the first couple months

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• I am REALLY hoping to have Simon in his crib from day 1. If that doesn't work, I guess we will be rushing out for a PnP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That's what we're using. A lot of my friends just had babies and they use their pnp bassinet also.
  • imagea4smith:
    We are using our pack n play bassinet in our bedroom for the first couple months

This is what we plan to do as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have an arm's reach cosleeper that he'll go into first, then the crib.
  • imagea4smith:
    We are using our pack n play bassinet in our bedroom for the first couple months

Yep. The first 6 months, that is. Lol.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • That's what i want to do but DH is against that he wants Baby Z to sleep in her crib, even during the day. That wouldn't be a problem if we didn't live in a two level house.

We have a pack and play bassinet too, I asked him why not open that up for the living/family room and his worry is that the cat will get to it.

I said okay well when the baby wakes up every two-three hours you can go get her and bring her down to me. 

I think when she gets here he will change his mind but if not i will just stay upstairs with her.

Photobucket
  • We have a mini crib set up in our room and I will be purchasing a rocker recliner... I will NEVER make the mistake of letting baby sleep with us again... Just barely got DD to sleep in her own bed and DS STILL crawls in bed with us. Of course he sleeps like a log and doesn't kick but STILL MY BED MINE!!! lol :D
  • I have a moses basket with a stand. I will use that since its easy to bring upstairs and downstairs, and I work out of the home.
  • We're pretty much doing the same except we bought an actual arms reach co-sleeper to use in our room.  I like that it's a bit smaller and then I can leave the pack n play downstairs in the living room for day time naps. 
  • We have a bassinet that my grandpa made and we will use that for the first month or so. Then it's on to the crib.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • My brother and his wife used the PnP for my niece for the first few months. We have an actual bassinet that we'll be using for a few of months at least, but then want to put her in her crib after about 3 months or so.
  • She will sleep in her crib that is in our room

Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm hoping to have him sleep in his crib from day one.  The PnP is downstairs for the daytime and I don't want to have to lug it back to our room.  We'll see what happens though.
  • In our room in the pnp for the first month or so. We live in a 2 level house but our room is on the first floor & babies room is on the 2nd. I will probably have LO take naps upstairs during the day but when it's time for bed, sleep in our room. We will see how it goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby will (hopefully) nap in the crib and for the first month or so will sleep in a cradle in our room.  Also have a PNP on the main level for shorter naps.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Arms reach co sleeper right by the side of my bed and sometime this summer it will be off to his own crib.
  • Hopefully in a crib in it's own room.  DH is adament that it will not sleep in our room.  I have left a double bed in the nursery though, so if worst comes to worst I will snooze there at times.
  • imagea4smith:

This

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We'll have a bassinet set up in our room for the first few months- then he'll be in the crib in his room. That way mommy doesn't have to get up as much when he has more feedings.  

How often do they eat after their first born?  

• imageabaslittlegirl@yahoo.com:

We'll have a bassinet set up in our room for the first few months- then he'll be in the crib in his room. That way mommy doesn't have to get up as much when he has more feedings.  

How often do they eat after their first born?  

1-3 hours if BF; longer if they're FF

• I'm not sure.  The PNP takes up a lot of room and just isn't very comfy for the baby.  Plus, every time he stirs or makes a noise, I jump up like a crazed woman and end up waking him up for real.  With DS1, the night we put him in his crib to sleep (at about 5 weeks?), the whole house slept soundly.

For all these reasons, he might just go straight to the crib.

• They will both be in their cribs from day 1.
  • imagemurfygirl:
    Arms reach co sleeper right by the side of my bed and sometime this summer it will be off to his own crib.

This

• my first slept with us for 7 MONTHS and it was hell getting my bed back..this time around we're going the pack n play bassinet route. I'll miss the cuddles but I'm in nursing school and can't do the no sleeping thing again lol
  • The plan is to use the bassinet at night for the first few months, then the crib in his room during the day and full time after the first few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"