2nd Trimester
Options

Pierced navel question....

I had my belly button pierced for seven years and took it out approximately six months before becoming pregnant.  I've heard that there is always the chance that the scar might "split" and create a nasty-looking line up your tummy.  Have any of you had any experience with this or heard if this is true or not?  I'm becoming more and more paranoid about it as my belly button keeps getting stretched tighter.  I'm slathering on the stretch mark lotion every morning and every night, so I'm hoping that that will help with this too. 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pierced navel question....

• Options
    I've never heard of this, and I'm hoping it's not true b/c I removed my navel ring about 2 years ago!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ive never heard of that and I have a friend who never took hers out-it looked nasty-but she never had any problems
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh crap I sure hope that is not so Tongue Tied I only took mine out at like four months of being pregnant. Now I am going to keep an eye on it.

• Options
    I took my out before I got pregnant with DD...it looks stupid but it didn't split...the holes got kinda stretched out and they're both outside of my belly button, they also didn't go back in after I had DD.
  • Options
    Unless you had a scar beforehand from your piercing then I wouldn't be too worried, my scar has split and gotten much bigger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my naval pierced as well and so far my doctor hasn't said anything. So I am not worried. Also, one of my friends had her baby last May and she had her naval pierced on top and bottom; no complications.
  • Options
    didnt happen to me with baby #1 so idk..
  • Options
    I kept my belly ring in until about 6 months.  I was six months pg and looked silly so I took it out.  I have had no problems with any of my pregnancies and my belly, nothing split or opened up.  I wouldn't worry, I have never heard of this.
  • Options

yes, i took mine out at least 5 years ago and i now have a scar, a red line maybe about 1/2 inch long right above it, and the hole is stretched bigger

ETA, you can't see it in my siggy because my bump is photoshopped :-)

• Options
    Never heard that. I took mine out around 15 weeks and I still have a hole. IT hasn't stretched out at all even though my belly button is about to pop.
    Ryleigh Kate Due May 23, 2010, Born June 2, 2010 - 9lbs 1oz 21 3/4inches Induced due to being overdue, labored 36 hours start to finish Coraline Marie Due February 23, 2012 Born March 1,2010 8lbs 10oz 21.5 inches Induced due to being overdue, worried about size of baby due to big sister being a monster. Born via emergency c-section after having heart decels down into the 60's. Our Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"