Babies: 3 - 6 Months

does your LO pull themselves

forward to try and get out of the infant carseat?

It seems like all of a sudden she wants to be sitting in more of an upright position. Has your LO done this at all?  If so did moving them to a convertable carseat rectify the situation?

she doesnt cry or fuss just pulls herself forward

Re: does your LO pull themselves

• Oh yes.. before she's buckled, she gets those abs going and tries to sit forward right away. She's started doing the same thing in her bouncy chair and her swing as well, so we are putting those things away and just sticking to floor playtime and the saucer.

We are looking at convertibles to buy one next weekend, so I can't say yet whether that helps. But I think it just has to do with learning to sit - this phase.. just practicing these newfound skills, I guess. ;) 

• DS was doing that all the time in his infant seat. Now we've switched to a convertible but it's still reclined a little more than he would like - he still wants to lean forward to see himself in the mirror.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS rides around in the thing with his head straining forward the whole time! I always think he's going to strain his little neck but he seems to be happy about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageGoombaGirl_79:
    DS rides around in the thing with his head straining forward the whole time! I always think he's going to strain his little neck but he seems to be happy about it.

LOL Ava too!  SHe actually fell asleep with her head WAY forward and out because of this

• Yeah, DD started doing this about 6 weeks ago and we had to get rid of the bouncy seat and the infant swing.  Even when she is sitting in our laps she rarely likes to recline.  The convertible car seat didn't really help (we have the Britax Marathon) because when rear facing you have to keep it fully reclined.  DD usually only fusses and tries to sit up while we are buckling her in.
  • of topic, but your daughter is gorgeous! the end lol
  • Yes she does this, she pulls herself up but cant of course. Not sure about the covertable solving the problem bc we havent switched yet.
  • Oh yes!  DS hates to lay back and always wants to sit or stand lately.  He is always trying to sit up while in the car seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"