3rd Trimester

Does weight gain slow in 3rd Tri?

I'm at 17 weeks I have had crazy weight gain the last couple of months. If it continues at this rate who knows how much I'll gain! 

Has anyone noticed a dramatic drop in weight gain after they hit the 3rd trimester mark? Or a least a noticeable decrease?

Re: Does weight gain slow in 3rd Tri?

• sorry, I meant 27 weeks... I'm almost to my 3rd tri
  • Not for me.  When I was 29 weeks I had a 7 pound weight gain.  I hope it will slow down though.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sped up for me. I didn't gain much at all until I hit 28 weeks. Now I'm gaining about a pound a week.
  • Not for me. About 1/2 of the weight I've gained so far has been in 3rd tri. I haven't gained much, total but I'm still only at 33 weeks.
  • Not for me.  It's definitely sped up.  In the last couple of months I think I've heard that the average woman gains about a pound a week.  I've been about like that or a little less, but I've definitely gained more this trimester than the other 2.

• Not for me, I am at 40 pounds  Confused
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • You're going to get all sorts of answers, I really think it depends on the person and the pregnancy.

My weight gain has been all over the place, in between 20 weeks and 24 weeks I gained 2 lbs. But, at my 28 wk apt I had gained 11, the next apt 3 lbs, the one after that 9 lbs.

• I gained nothing in my first trimester.  As soon as I hit 2nd trimester, I started to gain, like 2 pounds a week.  That trend continued until about 30 weeks.  Now, it seems to have slowed down quite a bit.  I'm only gaining about a pound every two weeks.  I think most of that can be my cravings switching from chocolate to fruit, though.
  • I'll be 29 weeks on Monday. I just went to the dr. yesterday and I haven't gained anything..I've actually been at the same weight my last few appointments. She didn't seem too worried about it though because everything looks good with baby and her heart was sounding really good.
  • Well that's not good news!  I've been gaining a pound a week for the last 2 months..  and I haven't even been eating more calories.  Looks like I won't be making my weight gain goal :(
  • It picks up because the baby gains a lot of weight this trimester, but then it slows down in the last few weeks.
  • imageIrishBrideND:
    It sped up for me. I didn't gain much at all until I hit 28 weeks. Now I'm gaining about a pound a week.

This.

• i do notice for me it has definitely slowed down. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not if your nurses know how to count...Last week i had gained 31 pounds...this week it was 43!!
  • It has started to slow down for me.  I had a spike about three weeks ago but ever since then I have been holding steady at 145ish.  Which I find odd because people always told me you gain the most weight in third.  I'm sure I'll regret ever saying that in a few weeks though.  Hee hee.
  • Mine has been consistant through 2nd and 3rd tri.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • For me it did/does...with DS I literally gained ALL of my weigh (27lbs) by around week 30 and then no more...this time I have gained around 20lbs by week 28 and have not gained any since then.
  • Haha not even a little for me. I gained 4 lbs last week and 3 lbs the week before. That being said, I had only gained like 3 lbs by 20 weeks. So the last half of my pregnancy has been where almost all of my weight gain has been.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • At my last appt. (37weeks) I had actually lost 1 1/2 pounds. I don't know the reason why but my doctor didn't seem to worried so I'm not complaining!
  • I have been less hungry, and last week i had lost 2lbs. So in my case, yes.. I was not like that however with my first. So, it depends i guess.
  • I've slowed down to not even a pound a week, and that's likely all baby.  Most women either have a big decrease or stop gaining altogether from what I've heard from friends and family.
  • I gained normal in my first trimester, not too much in the second trimester, and as soon as I hit 27 weeks I started gaining a lot... now I'm at week 32 and it has been about 1 pound a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"