2nd Trimester

Big Increase in Fetal Movement around 22 weeks?

the past 2 days I have noticed a big jump in the amount of fetal movement I am feeling.......it actually makes me a little nervous to go from not feeling to much to feeling a lot within a day.......is the baby in distress?  anyone else experience this?
Photobucket Our IVF miracle, after 5 years, 5 IUIS & 2 IVFs

Re: Big Increase in Fetal Movement around 22 weeks?

• That happened to me around that time.  I noticed it became more frequent and the kicks were much harder. 

• I went from feeling a very light infrequent "tapping" to movement so strong it can be felt from the outside.  I def wouldn't worry.  And you may have days where you still don't feel much.  I didn't feel my LO hardly at all for past 2 days and then I started feeling him last night in bed and he hasn't stopped since!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • great thanks guys...just made me a little nervous that all the sudden I was feeling crazy movement
    Photobucket Our IVF miracle, after 5 years, 5 IUIS & 2 IVFs
  • imageKKenworthy12:
    great thanks guys...just made me a little nervous that all the sudden I was feeling crazy movement

Your LO may have just gone through a growthspurt.  So the kicks and punches might be so much stronger! Enjoy it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your baby is just getting stronger.  Don't worry.  My baby is having herself a little party in my belly and it's actually poking out and moving now. People I work with even saw it and said "did she just kick you?" =)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I started feeling a lot more movement this week also. I still have some days where he is pretty calm, but then the next day he's all over the place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The same thing is happening here.  I have felt tapping since week 15, and just now it's turning into more rolling and continuous movement.  Yesterday he was all over the place for like an hour straight!

With my 1st, this is also when I started feeling her move for the first time, so I think it's just that they are getting stronger/bigger around now!  :)

• Same here... at 20 weeks my baby was super quiet and I didn't feel him/her very much at all... started getting worried then 21 weeks hit and he/she started moving all over the place again... and 22 weeks I started feeling him/her all day long!  It's great!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think thats normal.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"