3rd Trimester

Do you know LO's position?

I just got back from my OB appointment. She measured me and said she believes LO is still in breech position. My next appointment is the 11th. She said that if by that appointment , they feel around and aren't sure, they will do an ultrasound but if LO is still breech they might try to schedule a c-section for 39 weeks (of course LO could still move down between that time.) 

Does anyone else know the position of their LO? If so, what are your doctors saying?

DH thought it seemed a little early to be scheduling a c-section but by that time I will be 36 weeks. Thoughts?  

Re: Do you know LO's position?

• I only knew LO was breech because we had a 3d u/s done at a private place. She wouldn't cooperate so we had 3 done the last one at 35 weeks. At my 36 week appt I mentioned this to my dr and she did an u/s to see and she had flipped.

When I mentioned this at 33 weeks my dr told me she wasn't concerned until 36 weeks when room started running out to flip.

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• My LO was still horizontal facing out at my last appt.  He just turned the other day so it'll be interested on Saturday to see what position he's in.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB thinks the baby is head down, based on her feeling around.
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As of monday, LO was breech. I was told that he still has time to turn around.

GL to you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • At my 32 week appointment they told me he was breech but he has since turned head down.

They told me at that appointment if he was still breech at my next appointment they could try and manually turn him. If they couldnt, they;d have to schedule a c-section.

Your LO may still have time to flip.

• Seems pretty common to me.  Baby can flip, and there are some things you can try if baby is breech next time.  It's really hard to find a doc that will deliver vaginally, breech.  Talk to your doc about trying to manually flip her if LOs breech.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i have an u/s every couple weeks.  as of now, they are both head down and I'm hoping they stay that way
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO has been head down and punching my bladder for a looong time! I think he's pretty much stayed that way.

My OB scheduled an ultrasound for this coming Tuesday to measure him and see how big he is. She said that he is really tall. I'm not suprised since I am the shortest one in my family and I'm 5' 10"!

• Sorry I am a newbie on here, when is baby supposed to be head down?

GL! I hope baby gets turned soon!

• Baby is head down, low, and ready to go...if only she would actually move on out :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • At my BPP on Tuesday, baby was head down and in oblique position.  At my BPP today, he was breech.  I guess my baby likes to do somersaults!  LOL!
  • went to the doctor 2 days ago. LO is in the head down position at 32 weeks! Yay! I figured she was bc of the pressure and how frequently im going to the bathroom. Also when I feel kicks its right under my boobs so if her feet were up there her head had to be down....im excited...im sure your LO will move in the head down position...there is still time...
  • My OB wouldn't check yet (said it was too early) but the MW checked last week and said baby is head down and probably will stay that way! Definitely haven't felt baby flip yet, and now that I know where the hands and feet are, I am more in tune with the movements- kicks and punches!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c 03.08.11 at ~9 weeks
  • We have monthly ultrasounds with a peri and the baby has always been head down.  Our next appointment is tomorrow so I'll see if that's still the case, but I think it is.  I feel such strong "kicks" near my ribs that I can't imagine it's not the feet.  Last week the position of the kicks moved to near my bladder and I could tell a definite difference (and I could breathe much easier), since then everything has gone back to "normal".  So my assumption is the baby flipped breech for a day or two and is now head down again.  Of course, I could be completely wrong :-)
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty certain his feet are in my ribs right now.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • at my appointment today the dr palpated and pretty much confirmed what i already suspected- that she was all nice and head down and her body is all up in my upper hemisphere. I feel her hiccups really low, and most movement feels like a big butt trying to escape out of my stomach. so i assumed she was head down, facing backward mostly.
  • imagekatie.i.do:
    at my appointment today the dr palpated and pretty much confirmed what i already suspected- that she was all nice and head down and her body is all up in my upper hemisphere. I feel her hiccups really low, and most movement feels like a big butt trying to escape out of my stomach. so i assumed she was head down, facing backward mostly.

That is how I feel. I asked if feeling hiccups would tell me at all where he is because I feel them super low and all of his movements are felt up by my ribs. She said the hiccups are not really an indication , but I think I'll stay in denial and believe they are. After all, she only felt with her hands today , no ultrasound, so I am hoping the ultrasound next time shows something different. Go towards the light, baby!

(DH and I are also getting a good laugh at your Always Sunny picture!)  

• I was told at my last appt (32 weeks) that LO was transverse.  I think he still is, because I can't feel his head in my pelvis, but I can feel it just to the left.  I also feel most kicks and punches as if he is laying diagonally in my belly.  I am curious if they'll start talking c/s at my 34 week appointment.  I kind of think not since all he really has to do is wiggle over a little bit.
  • I was told on Tuesday that baby is head down and they will usually stay that way but it can move so we'll see how it goes.
  • I believe she is transverse now. At my last appt she was breech, but I don't feel her LOW anymore, and I feel nothing in my ribs.
  • Mine is breech. We scheduled a C/S at my 36 week appt., and it will be at 39w 2d.
  • My LO was frank breech at 29 weeks as we saw on the 3D ultrasound. As of my 34 week appointment, my doctor felt around and said she believes LO is now head down.
  • As of Tuesday LO was breech.  The week before he was head down.  Dr. didn't seem too concerned and said he still had a few weeks to flip back.
  • Generally if babies are head down by 30-32 weeks they'll stay that way.  If they're not head down by 35-36 weeks the liklihood of them turning really decreases due to lack of room.  It's pretty common to schedule a c/s for b/w 39-40 weeks.  Most doctors prefer you not to go into labor (depending on the exact position) if breech b/c of the risk of cord prolapse. 
    DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"