3rd Trimester

RED POO?

Hey ladies ... of course my husband is on his way back to Louisiana and now I have a question ... I just had a bowl movement and my poop was red ... like red clay ... and when I wiped (TMI), there was what appeared to be blood? Have any of you experienced this ... I don't recall eating anything out of the ordinary ...

Re: RED POO?

• Sounds like hemroids but I would check with Dr.
  • Have you eaten beets recently?

If not, I'd consult with your doc. 

• Loading the player...
  • Red poo is far less alarming than black poo.  Could be hemmies or a fissure.  At least you know it's not an intestinal problem.
  • No ... no beets ... I can't figure it out ... I thought if it was a bleeding hemy that I might just have streaks of blood or something but not actually red poo but I have no idea ... I've never had hemorrhoids (internal or external) ... yeah, I'll see my doctor ... anyway, thanks ladies.
  • If it was a few drops of bright red blood on the TP, then you might have a hemorroid which isn't a huge deal, but if it was dark blood and combined with the poo, you may have bleeding in your system somewhere or perhaps an ulcer and you should go see your doctor immediately.  You should call your Dr either way.
  • This sounds like when i eat red velvet cake.. I think that it might be a hem if its not too much blood..
  • imagePinkRobot9510:
    This sounds like when i eat red velvet cake.. I think that it might be a hem if its not too much blood..

I'M SO EMBARRASSED  ... NIGHT BEFORE LAST, I HAD TWO RED VELVET CUPCAKES FROM STARBUCKS EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed ... HUHM ...

• imagemitchelltheojua:

imagePinkRobot9510:
    This sounds like when i eat red velvet cake.. I think that it might be a hem if its not too much blood..

I'M SO EMBARRASSED  ... NIGHT BEFORE LAST, I HAD TWO RED VELVET CUPCAKES FROM STARBUCKS EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed ... HUHM ...

Hehe. This happens to me with red velvet cake.. pregnant or not! And regardless of this post being about poop, i now want red velvet cake as it has been a while... I hope this is why, so that you don't need to worry about it anymore..

• imagePinkRobot9510:
    imagemitchelltheojua:

imagePinkRobot9510:

Hehe. This happens to me with red velvet cake.. pregnant or not! And regardless of this post being about poop, i now want red velvet cake as it has been a while... I hope this is why, so that you don't need to worry about it anymore..

Thanks a bunch ... yeah ... they weren't the best red velvet cupcakes but the hit the spot that night ... 

• I've had clay colored poo before. It had to do with what I had eaten. I've also had the wonderful experience of having hemorrhoids this pregnancy. My main symptom was seeing blood when I wiped. It totally freaked me out at first but it was basically nothing. I took a stool softener for a few days so as not to irritate the hemorrhoid and it went away on its own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"